User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prime & Netflix allow downloading many movies to your phone. Doing this at home or somewhere there's great free/included wifi will eliminate most data issues when you're streaming in a (wifi) unserviced campsite.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed! We will install a small BlueRay player near the TV.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KayMarie View Post
    We recently purchased a new Transcend travel trailer. We assumed but were amazed to find that the tv did not come with a dvd player. It does have a smart tv and we do subscribe to hulu, netflix and peacock. My husband and I are not tech savvy in the least. Please advise if I am correct in thinking these are my choices. Buy a compact dvd player (very limited space). Or purchase some kind of wifi service that can be used at campsites (if there is such a thing). We are wanting to watch an occasional movie or listen to CD's. I have found dvd players in the range of $40 - $60 dollars. Have no idea how much wifi would cost us. There may be another alternative that we "un-tech savvy" people dont know about. Any ideas?
    The DVD player that comes with most of the units is not Blu-ray so I bought a $100. blue ray player and use that.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Transcend 261BH came with a DVD player.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, our 2021 Solitude 310GK also doesn’t have a CD player. We equipped rig with DISH satellite with a DVR recorder so we can tape shows for future viewing when satellite not available. Have also considered the portable player but haven’t needed it yet.
    The Bair’s Den
    Full Time
    2021 310GK
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN1 View Post
    I have a 2021 Momentum 25G. It came with a Roku TV. There was no DVD player included. After making sure the TV worked and I could watch over the air stations, I connected the TV to wifi and it said an update was available. After updating the TV, it blocked me from watching over the air TV until I logged into a Roku account. I didn't want a Roku account, and it seems like they require a credit card from you before you can finish creating your account. I finally figure out that I could reset the TV to factory defaults and then I could watch TV again. I was planning on throwing the TV away before I figure out that I could reset the settings.
    I jettisoned my crappy TCL TV into the dumpster and replaced it with a Samsung. It made us both crazy (among other things) that we couldn't enter a channel number directly from the remote. We also don't care about or use Roku.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    The DVD player that comes with most of the units is not Blu-ray so I bought a $100. blue ray player and use that.
    That's what we are going to do as well. I was really surprised when my $60,000 rig came with a DVD player and not a Blu-Ray.
    How much more would it have cost to do this right? Come-on Man!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    That's what we are going to do as well. I was really surprised when my $60,000 rig came with a DVD player and not a Blu-Ray.
    How much more would it have cost to do this right? Come-on Man!
    Isn’t blu ray on the outs? Where I live you can’t even rent that stuff anymore

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Isn’t blu ray on the outs? Where I live you can’t even rent that stuff anymore

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    With everybody streaming these days, it is.
    Wich is a good thing!

I just picked up 20 blu-rays at Big Lots for just 5 bucks a piece and stashed em in the camper.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently no one here has done the research. There is no Jensen or other system for RVs which have built in blu-ray players. Apparently the makers of this type of equipment want to pay the licensing fees to build these units. I've looked at Jensen, Furrion, Panasonic, Sony...nothing for RVs.

Since you can pick up a blu-ray player for under $75, it's an easy upgrade you can do.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast