User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford 2021 F350 CCC issue

I am ordering a 2021 F350 crewcab 6.7 4X4 DRW 8' bed 176"WB, On the ford towing documentation it says I have to add the Camper package to get 4967 lb ccc. The issue is the Camper package adds a spring in front making it ride like a brick when not towing. Also I have looked at the exact same model without the camper package and the ccc is 5300+lb. Has any one had this issue before? Seems like the dealer would be able to talk to the factory to get the true CCC of the ordered truck?
    Last edited by FreddieD; 02-17-2021 at 09:18 PM.
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems kinda odd to me.

Are you SURE everything is exactly the same between the "add camper package" version and the one with presumably 5300 LB payload? Exact same engine, exact same options, etc...?

Does adding the camper package actually decrease payload? Real headscratcher to me.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieD View Post
    I am ordering a 2021 F350 crewcab 6.7 4X4 DRW 8' bed 176"WB, On the ford towing documentation it says I have to add the Camper package to get 4967 lb ccc. The issue is the Camper package adds a spring in front making it ride like a brick when not towing. Also I have looked at the exact same model without the camper package and the ccc is 5300+lb. Has any one had this issue before? Seems like the dealer would be able to talk to the factory to get the true CCC of the ordered truck?
    Something isn't correct with those numbers. I've got a 2016 F350 King Ranch Dually, 4x4, 8' bed (they don't make the Dually in a shorter bed) and my payload is 5270 lb. I'd go back and recheck the numbers. Depending on how the truck is equipped....and the model....Platinum, king ranch, Lariat, etc....you should be at least as much as mine, probably more.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when I bought my previous truck, a F-350, I recall the camper package was meant for those wanting to carry a truck camper and they didn't recommend it for towing a camper. Fuzzy memory but thought I'd mention it just in case -- it may be a big non-issue for you.
    2020 Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that is correct. Here is my 2021 (built in January) with the 3.55 axle (don't know what axle you were ordering.)
    Here is my payload sticker
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	614.3 KB 
ID:	32199

This is my build sheet
    (hope this comes thru clearly on this forum. Has the snowplow/camper prep pkg)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-18 185542.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	32200

My understanding from the dealer and others is that dually's are difficult to find. Just because you order one does not necessarily mean you will get one (in a timely manner). The one I got was ordered by someone who ran into difficulty and could not pick it up. It showed up on AutoTrader in the morning and I was able to get the dealer to pull it for me minutes after it was posted. I think it drives fantastic. My buddy has a Ram dually and his rides great as well.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a F-450, problem solved, and you'll love the turning radius.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Get a F-450, problem solved, and you'll love the turning radius.

F-450 is roughly 500 lbs less than a similarly equipped F-350 in payload (well, legal any way), so that wouldn't help him here.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding the camper package on a 350 DRW does not touch rear springs. It will add weight reducing payload.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    F-450 is roughly 500 lbs less than a similarly equipped F-350 in payload (well, legal any way), so that wouldn't help him here.

6,288lbs carrying capacity when equipped

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    6,288lbs carrying capacity when equipped

No doubt you can get the payload up there on the 450, but I think you can get the 350 higher at max. I've never seen either in the wild at the "maximum towing" like advertised but have seen the more common configurations. 450 is lower payload vs it's equal 350 in every case I've seen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast