User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrading from Reflection 337RLS to Solitude 735RES

Hello everyone... As mentioned above, I’m really close on upgrading and was wanting some advice from others. My concerns are mainly around the learning curve of going from 35.5’ to 41’ (towing and the ability to find campsites). I live in South Western British Columbia. Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Gypsy55; 03-25-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Gypsy55 What is your Tow Vehicle?
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    @Gypsy55 What is your Tow Vehicle?
    It’s a 2019 Ram 3500 Diesel
    MonaLisa Gypsy Girl
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy55 View Post
    It’s a 2019 Ram 3500 Diesel
    Is it a dually 3500? I love my 375 but it really is a dually trailer. If you load it up with a washer/dryer and a generator you'll be at 3800-4000 pounds pin weight, that's dually territory. It's an awesome floorplan with tons of living space and storage as well. I usually stay in RV parks so length hasn't been an issue but some state and national parks can accommodate it as well.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Is it a dually 3500? I love my 375 but it really is a dually trailer. If you load it up with a washer/dryer and a generator you'll be at 3800-4000 pounds pin weight, that's dually territory. It's an awesome floorplan with tons of living space and storage as well. I usually stay in RV parks so length hasn't been an issue but some state and national parks can accommodate it as well.
    Thanks for this... I’m not a full timer and not likely to be getting a washer and dryer nor the generator. I rarely do any dry camping where I need one, and I do have a small Honda generator for the rare time that I do. I’ve had my truck (which I love) for only a few months - will see how it goes and in future when I get a new truck I could upgrade to dually then.

I like to stay in RV parks and glad that it’s length isn’t an issue in most of them. Here in BC, our provincial parks are like state and national parks, have small sites that were developed a half century ago and not only are they not large enough but they have no services at all. They’re getting better though as they’re building a few new ones with service sites for large rigs.

I appreciate you responding... I haven’t ordered the 375 yet, but I really like it... until I saw that one, I loved the Reflection that I have now. Glad to hear you love yours.
    MonaLisa Gypsy Girl
    2018 Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a '14 3500 SRW 4x4 CC SB and pulled the Solitude 344 and it pulled it great! Roughly 16k pounds loaded.

Your is a '19, and has the 3.73 rear end, which is much better than the 3.42 I had in my '14. Have yet to tow with my '21.

Another concern, beyond pin weight, is the bed length and width of trailer.
    The Solitude is a wide body trailer, for a wide front cap. It was tight with my '14 SB, and I ended up going to an auto sliding hitch. I can provide more details on why, and whether it was needed, etc. The same truck with a Couger 5th wheel was no issues at all.

Is your 3500 a long bed?
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    I had a '14 3500 SRW 4x4 CC SB and pulled the Solitude 344 and it pulled it great! Roughly 16k pounds loaded.

Your is a '19, and has the 3.73 rear end, which is much better than the 3.42 I had in my '14. Have yet to tow with my '21.

Another concern, beyond pin weight, is the bed length and width of trailer.
    The Solitude is a wide body trailer, for a wide front cap. It was tight with my '14 SB, and I ended up going to an auto sliding hitch. I can provide more details on why, and whether it was needed, etc. The same truck with a Couger 5th wheel was no issues at all.

Is your 3500 a long bed?
    That’s awesome news about the pulling with your ‘14 SRW... My truck is a short box and the good news for the hitch is that I already have the Demco 18K Autoslide in the truck already. It only took one little light ‘tap’ on the back window (which of course shattered) after getting too cocky in my backing up with the non sliding one... so happy I did that upgrade - brought lots of peace and mind - oh and I’m less cocky now too
    MonaLisa Gypsy Girl
    2018 Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy55 View Post
    That’s awesome news about the pulling with your ‘14 SRW... My truck is a short box and the good news for the hitch is that I already have the Demco 18K Autoslide in the truck already. It only took one little light ‘tap’ on the back window (which of course shattered) after getting too cocky in my backing up with the non sliding one... so happy I did that upgrade - brought lots of peace and mind - oh and I’m less cocky now too
    Yup... did the same Although my boo boo just dented the rear pillar, got lucky. But mine was moving forward, pulling into a campground where the driveway sloped down pretty decent. I've always been crazy careful, but that was enough to push me into the auto slider!

Now I went with a long bed and goosebox set up! Haven't tried it yet, but it's nice to have a 15 lb gooseball rather than that 300 pound autoslider!
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW