User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    They did nothing to change the truck, they just changed the numbers!!! LAMO
    Payload capacities are largely a function of ride quality and have little to do with the rear capacity of the tires or axle set up. IMHO and according to the website run by mopar engineers allpar.

Also, did quite a bit of research when I owned a 2008 Jeep JK unlimited. Result? If you bought it in USA you could tow 3500 lbs max; if you bought it in Germany or Australia then 7,500 lbs was the towing max; the U.K. limit was 5,000 lbs. All these figures where gleaned from the published Jeep brochure in each country. The jeeps contained the same drive train, brakes, etc. everything was same as U.S. spec.

My conclusion towing my 4,500 lb trailer with electric brakes was fine.
    Last edited by Ra&Ta350; 02-15-2020 at 05:42 PM. Reason: More info

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So disappointed I missed out on this one....

I tried the make the "illegal" argument a couple days ago to see if I could make it work... I got my @$$ handed to me. 😂

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Unless you're getting a killer deal on the truck, I'd go to another dealer out of principle. It's none of the dealers business what you choose to do with your truck.
    That's my 2¢

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    I litigate wrecks everyday, and yes it comes into play. You do know in California, EVERY pick up truck is regulated just like the big Diesel rigs? They are all Commercial registered. Every Nissan Toyota or Ford, Ram, And they are held to the same standards. Can you imagine a 120K Semi, which is overloaded, not having the weight come into play if there is a wreck? Think before you speak....please.
    CALIFORNIA. That sez it all. No wonder they’re all moving to Texas. Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    I'm in Ca and I never stop at a scale ever. I have commercial plates on my truck BUT still cant park in a loading zone. I think it's just another way for Ca. to justify taking more of my hard earned money. I paid more than $700 for my tags on a 15 F250 last year.
    Cops never give us a second look. Just don't drive like a fool and they don't have time for you.
    All this lawyer talk drives me nuts. Especially since they dont have a clue or facts to back up what they are saying.
    If you get into a crash just exchange your information and be done with it. Hell if no one is injured the cops won't show up. You can call the Barns Firm 1-800-800-0000
    WOW!!!! And I complain about paying $138 for my 2500 Ram.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer is full of krap. Find a new dealer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePearls View Post
    Thanks everyone for your comments. The dealer claimed that they called Ford and that was Ford's opinion. I believe the 25% pin weight and the 750lb of occupants figures they used were a little high and that I will be ok. Unfortunately, all my wife heard was that the truck/camper combination would not be stable and I don't think I'll be able to convince her otherwise.
    I suggest contacting another Ford dealer and tell them what you are going to tow. See what they come up with. Don't tell them what the original dealer came up with.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePearls View Post
    Unfortunately, all my wife heard was that the truck/camper combination would not be stable and I don't think I'll be able to convince her otherwise.
    Unfortunately, that is a law that you can't work around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a classic 2000 Ford F-250 SRD V10 short box with air bags, 1 new leaf spring and new shocks and tires rated higher than the weight I have on them. Pulling a 2014 Solitude 369RL with all new suspension and all cargo and wife and 3 bulldogs I am weighing 20,500. I am 3,000 lbs overweight for my truck. With the upgrades I did it pulls and handles great. But I do know it’s past the limits! Personally I would stay with a SRD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I am not going to argue about whether or not the truck is enough/not enough.

What I am interested in is any proof of these "insurance" or "ticketing" issues have ever been documented. I see all kinds of people making assurances that the weight police will track you down like a dog if you are in a accident but I am unable to find a single instance where this has actually happened.

Anyone have any actual evidence or all you all hanging your hat on folklore and your insurance agent's assertions?
    Totally agree with your comment. Lots of threats of being screwed, I've never heard anyone pipe up to validate this.
    FYI, I pull a 394 Momentum with my 2008 F350 SRW. I've been on the CAT scales to see where I stand. Yes, I'm overweight. The RAWR is 7000 on the truck. CAT scales say 7140. I'm going to move stuff out of the bed of the truck and into the garage on the trailer. I'll be close.

No matter how much we pull, our priority as drivers is to drive the speed limit or a bit less and maintain safe distances from the vehicles in front of us and focus, focus, focus.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast