User Tag List

Thread: Genny Exhaust

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genny Exhaust

This may be a dumb question, but why don’t these RV manufacturers exhaust the genny up the back of the RV like a semi? Maybe along the ladder or something, with a chrome pipe. That directs the fumes and noise up, instead of at your neighbor in campgrounds with no hookups.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @huntr70 comes thru!
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been contemplating how to run from truck bed. Wasn't sure if up was best or down towards front of truck away from rv. Haven't run it in a year because of solar but was remembering how you could smell the generator in the bedroom after it was off.....guess I could unhook and move forward.....I have a HD 50' extension...
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    I have been contemplating how to run from truck bed. Wasn't sure if up was best or down towards front of truck away from rv. Haven't run it in a year because of solar but was remembering how you could smell the generator in the bedroom after it was off.....guess I could unhook and move forward.....I have a HD 50' extension...
    I was thinking about putting a QD6000 in the back of the dually since I’ll have an aux diesel tank, but have all but given up on that. All the RV gennies require bottom intake and exhaust cooling air, plus bottom exhaust, and I don’t want to cut the bed. So….I’m back to the front compartment on the Solitude. I’m still trying not to give up on the QD tho…I hate the idea of changing propane bottles frequently in warmer weather when the a/c is running and we’re boondocking.
    Larry and JoAnna

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My genny is a Honda 2800i portable....but heavy.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)