User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Much Weight

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had put a 28 pack of water and a 6 pack of ginger ale under the rear seat of the dining area - it was not there when we opened up at the site. The water was against the wall and the ginger ale was behind the rear recliner.

I asked GD a long time ago what the weight restrictions are in the large cabinet storage over the rear window. They declined to answer but unofficially told me not to put anything heavy in it as the doors can open (they sure can) during travel.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we are loading up for a long trip we put heavier items (canned goods, induction cook top, etc.) under our seats to try and balance the load since the curb side is heavier due to the appliances being on that side. Also, we have noticed that the bottoms of our pantry cabinets under the TV are starting to sag from the weight. I will have to reinforce them during the off season. We have not had any ill effects traveling with the extra weight on the slide (100 to 125 lbs.) in about 15,000 miles of traveling.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received an answer from GD:

Good Morning,

Thank you for reaching out to Grand Design.

We unfortunately do not have a weight spec for this area, I do not see it presenting any problems.

Thank you,
    Austin – Customer Service Team
    Grand Design RV
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weight capacity for slide out storage

Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    I just received an answer from GD:

Good Morning,

Thank you for reaching out to Grand Design.

We unfortunately do not have a weight spec for this area, I do not see it presenting any problems.

Thank you,
    Austin – Customer Service Team
    Grand Design RV
    If you can locate the specifications sheet for your camper it shows the scale weight for the driver and passenger side axles, for example driver side 3800 pounds and passenger side 3500 pounds. I realize this does not directly answer your question for the weight capacity of the stowed slide out, however if you have one side weighing more and adding an additional 135 pounds could be an issue. I am on my second set of axles and springs on our Reflection, the kitchen slide carries a lot more weight with the appliances on that side and the leaf springs have sagged along with bent axles.

Safe travels

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldog View Post
    If you can locate the specifications sheet for your camper it shows the scale weight for the driver and passenger side axles, for example driver side 3800 pounds and passenger side 3500 pounds. I realize this does not directly answer your question for the weight capacity of the stowed slide out, however if you have one side weighing more and adding an additional 135 pounds could be an issue. I am on my second set of axles and springs on our Reflection, the kitchen slide carries a lot more weight with the appliances on that side and the leaf springs have sagged along with bent axles.

Safe travels
    That's happening even though you are within the weight limits for each side? Have you had a Smart Weigh done? Just curious. Our slide side (driver side) was 200# heavier than the non-slide side (passenger), but it was still within all the limits. I was told that even though we are withing all the capacity limits, just having one side heavier than the other would cause uneven wear and it would be best to try to even it out if we can. We did move some stuff from one side to the other but didn't get it re-weighed. Our stove, fridge, microwave and some cabinets and drawers are in the slide along with the sofa so there isn't a ton we can do. But 200# difference on 6,000# trailer doesn't seem to drastic. Not sure though.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will do an individual tire weight south of Austin in December. https://rvsafety.com/. I'll post my full weights that I just received at the scales in another post.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12