User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victron Energy - MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V

Hello,
    So I am new to this forum group and need some help if possible. I have a Solitude 380Fl and installed a Victron Energy Multi-plus II in my 50amp fifth wheel. I have everything installed and have the wire dry ruined(Laid) but nothing is connected yet. Now the question is this. According to a YouTube follower I watch (changing lanes) he said this is how he hooked up or laid his wire from his investor.

The Shore power wire runs to the ATS box. According to changing lanes he said they just took the wire that comes from the ATS to the circuit panel and disconnected it (took it out all together). Ran a new wire from the out of the ATS to the In of the Victron and a new wire from the Victron out to the circuit panel and of course the unplugged the ATS so it serves no purpose other then a old junction box. Does this sound right?

Or my thought is should I just make my own junction box (rather then using the unplugged ATS)

Does this make any sense? Some help with this simple question would be a great help.

Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukskywalker View Post
    Hello,
    So I am new to this forum group and need some help if possible. I have a Solitude 380Fl and installed a Victron Energy Multi-plus II in my 50amp fifth wheel. I have everything installed and have the wire dry ruined(Laid) but nothing is connected yet. Now the question is this. According to a YouTube follower I watch (changing lanes) he said this is how he hooked up or laid his wire from his investor.

The Shore power wire runs to the ATS box. According to changing lanes he said they just took the wire that comes from the ATS to the circuit panel and disconnected it (took it out all together). Ran a new wire from the out of the ATS to the In of the Victron and a new wire from the Victron out to the circuit panel and of course the unplugged the ATS so it serves no purpose other then a old junction box. Does this sound right?

Or my thought is should I just make my own junction box (rather then using the unplugged ATS)

Does this make any sense? Some help with this simple question would be a great help.

Thanks
    Yes that sounds correct. If you think you might ever add an onboard Genny, you may want to keep your transfer switch, as the 2x120 has just one set of inputs. There are several on here that have direct experience with these, so I’m sure you will get some good advice. This is my upcoming winter project.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victron Energy - MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V

Hello,

Thanks
    I see you are new here so let me start by saying welcome to the forum!

For the Multiplus 2, this is correct. Unless you have an onboard generator, the ats isn’t needed. The shore power line goes into the inverter and coming out of the inverter it goes to the ac distribution box where it provides ac power to both legs of ac.

Good luck
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Thanks
    BEFORE You hook up your Victron Inverter, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH WIRES GO TO WHERE.

DON'T TRUST THIS IMPORTANT STEP TO THE INTERNET!

Hire an electrician to make the final connection if you aren't ABSOLUTELY SURE how to hook everything up.

That being said; exactly why do you have an ATS in your coach?

There are two reasons I can think of: 1, you have an on-board Generator; 2, you have an Inverter from the factory because you have a Residential Fridge.

Why you have an ATS on your camper will determine exactly how you need to hookup your Victron Inverter.

As a starting point; Installing a Victron 50 amp Multiplus II in a coach without a Generator or a factory Inverter is relatively simple...

You have two "hot" wires coming in from your Shore Pedestal, L1 and L2. These two wires go directly to the breaker panel in your coach; L1 feeds 1/2 of your breaker panel and L2 feeds the other 1/2 of your breaker panel.

In a coach without an ATS, you will take the wires (L1 and L2) out of the Breaker panel and connect them to the Input side of your Victron Inverter. You would then run new wires from the output side of the Victron Inverter (L1 and L2) and connect them to the same terminals as L1 and L2 were previously connected to on the breaker panel.

If you have an ATS because you have a factory installed Inverter (because you have the residential fridge) you can essentially by-pass the ATS and wire your new Victron Inverter as described above.

If you have an ATS because you have an on-board Generator, then you need to get help figuring out how you want the ATS to interact with your Inverter and your Generator.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    So I am new to this forum group and need some help if possible. I have a Solitude 380Fl and installed a Victron Energy Multi-plus II in my 50amp fifth wheel. I have everything installed and have the wire dry ruined(Laid) but nothing is connected yet. Now the question is this. According to a YouTube follower I watch (changing lanes) he said this is how he hooked up or laid his wire from his investor....
    I do not have a Victron Multiplus, but when I did my system, I used videos from All About RV's to help guide me. I seriously think his ones about the Victron inverter will get you there. What I did was probably a little different because I used a single function pure sine inverter and an automatic power transfer switch. The 50 amp service is wired to one side of the ATS box. The inverter is wired to the other side. I ran a jumper wire from the inverter hot connection in the box to the 2nd power leg in the box, so my inverter gives power to all outlets.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    I used videos from All About RV's to help guide me.
    Jared does great videos. Right to the point & this one has a great schematic diagram of his installation.
    signature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Question

Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    Jared does great videos. Right to the point & this one has a great schematic diagram of his installation.
    Does anyone know what the purpose of this box under the ATS, what its purpose is? Im 99% sure its my convertor. Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7827.jpg   IMG_7834.jpg  
    Last edited by lukskywalker; 09-22-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know what the purpose of this box under the ATS, what its purpose is?
    That is your charger/converter. Takes 120v and converters to 12v to charge the batteries when on shore power and run the 12v electronics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx u, so since I really won't need it. Just flip the circuit break and leave it off right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=lukskywalker;449522]Thx u, so since I really won't need it. Just flip the circuit breaker and turn it off right? Does anyone have an answer or should I just leave it alone.? Changing lanes on YouTube said he flipped the circuit break to off so 2 power sources aren’t recharging the batteries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast