User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I did contact a few other dealers, but they never got back to me. We ended up going through with the purchase at the show and we are both happy with how it went. We plan to order a truck when Superduty banks open next month. In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for any good alternatives and see what the options are. If the RV is delivered before we have a truck, we decided we will see if we can either borrow a truck, rent a truck or just pay a hauler to bring it to our house. If we go with the hauler option, we will goto the dealer to do the PDI, then sign papers and setup delivery. That will prevent it from sitting at the dealer all winter and allow me to get started on the long list of mods I have planned. Winter isnt that bad in Southeast Virginia so I think I can get some work done while we arent camping.

Good for the two of you. You have a good plan and are making it work. Now you can relax and get started on your ideas for the trailer.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FT4NOW

If you order a 2023 F-450 be prepared to wait 6-12 months.

I have 2 2022s on order. A Platinum ordered January and a King Ranch ordered March. There no movement on the January order but I got a call from dealer the March ordered has a tentative build date 10/31.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    @FT4NOW

If you order a 2023 F-450 be prepared to wait 6-12 months.

I have 2 2022s on order. A Platinum ordered January and a King Ranch ordered March. There no movement on the January order but I got a call from dealer the March ordered has a tentative build date 10/31.
    Thanks. I have followed the thread about ordering a Superduty and am hopeful if I order as soon as the banks open, it will be a better wait. I dont think anyone knows if those 22 orders will be pushed to 23 or if they get cancelled. I'm ordering from 2 different dealers and I figure while I wait, I will explore other options. I'm trying to set myself up for being able to find something at a reasonable price. It's hard to look at used prices when I was quoted 3% under invoice for a new truck at both dealers i am using.

I also plan to order at least one XLT and see if it is quicker than the higher trim levels. I'm thinking maybe an XLT and Lariat, or an XLT in the 350 version and one in 450 version.

I towed my 399 with a 350 and it wasnt bad, but I do prefer a 450. There arent any to test drive around me, so I dont know first hand about the turning radius, but it looks good on videos comparing them.
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 09-17-2022 at 08:14 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I towed my 399 with a 350 and it wasnt bad, but I do prefer a 450. There arent any to test drive around me, so I dont know first hand about the turning radius, but it looks good on videos comparing them.
    I had the same problem. There aren’t any 450s to test drive. Any time I saw a newer one pop up I called the dealer and it was sold.

So I ordered. When they come in I’ll test drive and if I don’t like the dealer said no problem, I can walk away. No deposit, no commitment.

One was ordered 4% under invoice but possibly not price protected pricing has gone up $3500 since order. The other was ordered X-plan which makes it right around invoice and it’s price protected.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did same thing at Hershey show in 2018,, pa dealers were all high,, depending where you live, if you don't mind driving to Delaware. The Delmarva rv center gave me a better price than 3 local dealers in Hamburg, Allentown area, with same model / floorplan that i had looked at in Hershey, along with 3 slide toppers thrown in,,, 2018 GD reflection 29bhs

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronb94 View Post
    Did same thing at Hershey show in 2018,, pa dealers were all high,, depending where you live, if you don't mind driving to Delaware. The Delmarva rv center gave me a better price than 3 local dealers in Hamburg, Allentown area, with same model / floorplan that i had looked at in Hershey, along with 3 slide toppers thrown in,,, 2018 GD reflection 29bhs
    From my experience dealing with DelMarVa RV I recommend you avoid them. I got a great price initially from them that really wasn't so great after they blindsided me with the $500 administration fee. I should have walked then. There was no effort to do any delivery prep let alone PDI when I got there to take delivery. Remember you most probably will need warranty work at some point. DelMarVa will not help you and you'll find other dealers will turn you away ( Stolfutz, Schaeffer ) unless you buy from them.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regret to hear that you were not happy,, my experience was quite different,, I was informed of the administration fee,, prepping and prep talk also went well,, then 2 weeks after the sale i received an (unknown that it was coming) check for PA taxes that were due from them,, as far as warranty work my local dealer in Easton area has great service with out the need to have purchased there,,

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my mind the biggest issue is how well you can manage with no tow vehicle for some period of time.

For things like this, it's not worth the worry of getting the exact best deal; it is not easy to hit the very peak or valley in the market. My credo is if it is what you want and fits the budget, go for it. No-one ever went broke spending $5K more or got rich spending $5k less. Not worth the stress.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with your Darlin' Wife. We have a 2019 381M (b4 Covid). We've been extremely happy! Yes, me, the Wife wanted this GD Toyhauler and it was the Best Decision we made Together.
    Please remember, if this unit fits all the Pro check listed items, then there really isn't much more of a discussion. Be Pleased you are having a nice Discounted Price for YOUR CUSTOM BUILT GD.
    AS FOR A TRUCK, we have a 2019 F350 DUALLY. Our choice in hitch is the Andersen Hitch and it's so easy for me to hitch up, drive and setup for Boondocking. Our 1st choice of RVing is Boondocking and if necessary we will go into an RV Park.
    Since having our 5th Toyhauler, the major change was to take the 4 seat beautiful couch to a 2-seat, placing a dining table without the center post (mounted to the wall). We added Solar that works fabulous since we Boondock with our Side-by-side 4 seater. We are not fulltime.
    Listen to your Wife, that's the Best Answer for a Happy Life in RVing.
    Good Luck! Stay Safe and Enjoy your new Chapter in your Life.
    Sher & Ken Mandell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12