User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    “X” - what are the dimensions of the shed? Can your slides extend and stay under roof? Any worries about A/C clearance while leveling or backing in? Your setup looks real clean and sharp!
    Sorry for the late reply....I've not been on here as much as usual. We are tearing down the old railing around our deck and installing a totally new railing and it's been keeping me busy....and sore.

Anyway, my RV carport is 46' long, the legs are 13' from the bottom rail up to where the "A" shaped trusses are, and 13' wide. That's the most width I could manage with the location. I have the detached garage there and then there is an easement roadway beside the property....so 13' was it. I can get both living room slides partially open, but not fully. They can be opened enough to get into the trailer. With the upward slope of the trusses, the center height is right around 15' or so in the middle of the shelter. The A/C units clear that with no issues. The trailer is pretty snug in there, but at least it's covered and that is what is important.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithH63 View Post
    I'm getting ready to prep my backyard for our upcoming 5th wheel purchase. Right now the front half will be on dirt and the back on grass. I was thinking about getting rid of the grass. I don't want a concrete pad. I have some thick granite pavers that I'm going to double stack and put the tires on those. What would you recommend for the rest of the area under the trailer?
    Just cut the grass short before brining the rig in and leave it to die under the RV. No work required. And there is no harm in having dirt under the rig - we all park on that a lot when camping. Then if you ever want grass there again you won't be trying get rid of gravel (which I have found to be next to impossible).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @traveldawg Did very much the same thing as you with the mowing and such. We needed 2"+ elevation on one side as we are on a slight slope, but that's good for water drainage. Local government wants the high growth trimmed but careful mowing seems to fix that. I do use wood or cheap pavers under the wheels to prevent the wheels from sinking into the ground and gathering mud on sidewalls. Never good for tires in my humble opinion.

My only complaint with my situation is that even though we have fairly compact soil, if I come home in a good rain, it can muck the yard up under the trailer where there is no grass or rootbase. That rain soaked dirt gets on everything and leaves bigger ruts then what ends up in the surrounding area outside of the trailers shadow on the ground.

Not a show stopper with a F250 4wd and rear electronic locking dif, but I have been considering gravel and geocloth for next year to reduce this headache.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgauldin View Post
    @traveldawg Did very much the same thing as you with the mowing and such. We needed 2"+ elevation on one side as we are on a slight slope, but that's good for water drainage. Local government wants the high growth trimmed but careful mowing seems to fix that. I do use wood or cheap pavers under the wheels to prevent the wheels from sinking into the ground and gathering mud on sidewalls. Never good for tires in my humble opinion.

My only complaint with my situation is that even though we have fairly compact soil, if I come home in a good rain, it can muck the yard up under the trailer where there is no grass or rootbase. That rain soaked dirt gets on everything and leaves bigger ruts then what ends up in the surrounding area outside of the trailers shadow on the ground.

Not a show stopper with a F250 4wd and rear electronic locking dif, but I have been considering gravel and geocloth for next year to reduce this headache.
    yep - should-a mentioned that on the first pad that I made it was just some concrete "tracks" that the tires rode on to avoid ruts. And since I had to back it around a corner I had to have concrete or the trailer just slide in the wet grass/clay/mud. Other than that, it was all dirt underneath before long.

On a second "pad" I made, for a longer rig that I couldn't back around the back of the house and had to back straight down the driveway, I used gravel for where the tires rode and mostly a full gravel pad under the rig. But that area was very prone to staying wet so I need the full pad and gravel to keep things neat and clean. Since the tracks were about 14' long leading to the pad I just let grass grow around the tracks and and pad and just kept the grass trimmed.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12