User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grrrrr....... Premium TV Apps/Services!!!!!

Just gotta get this off my chest........

Today I went to watch the GA / Kent State game and it is only on SECN+ or ESPN+. I couldn't even find an SECN+ app but, fortunately, I have free access to ESPN+ via my Verizon account/package.

Thursday evening I went to watch the NFL game and - lo-and-behold - I have to have the Amazon Prime app to see that. Again, I have that and also share it with one of my sons, so no additional costs for me.

The other day I had to set a good friend up with Disney+ so she could watch Dancing With Stars. That's costing her $9.99/month. Really!! Thanks for that money grab Disney! What - you don't get enough money from you already exceedingly high prices, long lines, and extra charges for folks to see their favorite rides????

whoaaaa..... I'm outa control..... deep breaths..... counting....... calming down...... thinking of pink colors....... OK - better now....

All this switching from general cable stations to proprietary stations/app seems to be getting a bit out of hand. For now it is just bothersome since I have access to the few apps I would be interested in either through the plan Verizon provided or by sharing with family. But 'cutting the cable' for me is not an option - I live in a community that provides a lot of cable channels and 200M internet included with our dues; it's a goo deal - IF you don't have to also buy apps to see programs you are interested in.

I suppose for all the "full times" streaming and spending untold thousands of dollars on WiFi and Cellular plans and equipment this might be an OK thing. But, for me, while I see it as the future of things to come - it's annoying.

ok - returning you back to your regularly schedule programming.... oh wait - please deposit another $5.00 for the next 3 minutes.....

Thanks for listening.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also am not a fan of moving things to streaming services. My wife’s two favorite shows are Dancing With The Stars and Days of Our Lives, both of them require a paid subscription to a streaming service now. What really chaps my hide is that, even though I pay for the service, We still get advertisements.

I also have the problem of having a television that is about 6 years old so it does not do the Disney, Peacock, and some other apps nor does it do Apple Play so I cant send from the Ipad to to the TV. Looks like about $1800 for one that will do everything nicely.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disney, Netflix, Prime Video, HBO, Stars etc., etc.
    They should lump all these premium channels into a one price package...& call it something like CABLE
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    I also am not a fan of moving things to streaming services. My wife’s two favorite shows are Dancing With The Stars and Days of Our Lives, both of them require a paid subscription to a streaming service now. What really chaps my hide is that, even though I pay for the service, We still get advertisements.

I also have the problem of having a television that is about 6 years old so it does not do the Disney, Peacock, and some other apps nor does it do Apple Play so I cant send from the Ipad to to the TV. Looks like about $1800 for one that will do everything nicely.
    Yeah..... I left that off..... what the heck is with that????? Pay for a service and then have to endure advertisements?!!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Just gotta get this off my chest........

Today I went to watch the GA / Kent State game and it is only on SECN+ or ESPN+. I couldn't even find an SECN+ app but, fortunately, I have free access to ESPN+ via my Verizon account/package.

Thursday evening I went to watch the NFL game and - lo-and-behold - I have to have the Amazon Prime app to see that. Again, I have that and also share it with one of my sons, so no additional costs for me.

The other day I had to set a good friend up with Disney+ so she could watch Dancing With Stars. That's costing her $9.99/month. Really!! Thanks for that money grab Disney! What - you don't get enough money from you already exceedingly high prices, long lines, and extra charges for folks to see their favorite rides????

whoaaaa..... I'm outa control..... deep breaths..... counting....... calming down...... thinking of pink colors....... OK - better now....

All this switching from general cable stations to proprietary stations/app seems to be getting a bit out of hand. For now it is just bothersome since I have access to the few apps I would be interested in either through the plan Verizon provided or by sharing with family. But 'cutting the cable' for me is not an option - I live in a community that provides a lot of cable channels and 200M internet included with our dues; it's a goo deal - IF you don't have to also buy apps to see programs you are interested in.

I suppose for all the "full times" streaming and spending untold thousands of dollars on WiFi and Cellular plans and equipment this might be an OK thing. But, for me, while I see it as the future of things to come - it's annoying.

ok - returning you back to your regularly schedule programming.... oh wait - please deposit another $5.00 for the next 3 minutes.....

Thanks for listening.....
    I'm sitting on offers for Peacock @ $1.99/mo or 19.95 if paid up for the year. Also an offer for Hulu / Disney+ / ESPN+ for $9.99/mo. for 4 months which gets through football season with a chance to binge all the Marvel / Star wars I want. Some favorite TV series on Peacock (NBC) are coming plus a good movie selection and I thing "Dancing" also I get the Philly Comcast sports like the Phlyers, Phillies & 76ers. The other package gives me all the Disney stuff + college sports, Hulu is just an added feature. I'm using a T-Mobile wireless home device @ $50 / mo. All in I'm still less than half the cost I was paying for cable + a TV channel package I cut loose from three years ago. When I get caught up on the subscription or there isn't anything worth watching I purge the subscriptions and wait for new offers to come in. With the smart TVs these days there always seems to be something. If you do a search you can find ways to get Paramount+ trial period for free...over & over & over.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I'm sitting on offers for Peacock @ $1.99/mo or 19.95 if paid up for the year. Also an offer for Hulu / Disney+ / ESPN+ for $9.99/mo. for 4 months which gets through football season with a chance to binge all the Marvel / Star wars I want. Some favorite TV series on Peacock (NBC) are coming plus a good movie selection and I thing "Dancing" also I get the Philly Comcast sports like the Phlyers, Phillies & 76ers. The other package gives me all the Disney stuff + college sports, Hulu is just an added feature. I'm using a T-Mobile wireless home device @ $50 / mo. All in I'm still less than half the cost I was paying for cable + a TV channel package I cut loose from three years ago. When I get caught up on the subscription or there isn't anything worth watching I purge the subscriptions and wait for new offers to come in. With the smart TVs these days there always seems to be something. If you do a search you can find ways to get Paramount+ trial period for free...over & over & over.
    Yea, kinda like Serius Radio. I quit it in the Subaru when the free ran out, it's just a grocery getter. They keep offering me for $5 a month for a year-a limited time deal that is perpetual. Was paying $20 a month in the truck when I first got it. They offered me the same deal-no thanks. Don't like the business model "We'll give you this deal & maybe you won't notice when it expires"
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If rabbit ears doesn't get it it isn't worth watching. I used to complain about so many sports shows going to cable, so I quit watching. You would be amazed at what other great things there are to do. I know my bank account likes it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We "cut the cable" (in our case it was a dish) about six years ago. I put up an OTA outside antenna for the local stations and we subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, Paramont+ and bring it all in with a Roku. I got really tired of having over 200 channels with DirecTV and not being able to find anything that I wanted to watch
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Geeze I haven't watched NFL or NASCAR for probably a couple years now. But I get what you're saying.
    We use the OTA antenna on our 5er for the local channels but end up watching MeTV, Antenna, Grit, ION type channels and end up watching old reruns of Perry Mason, Hogan's Hero's or Bewitched if watching TV at all.
    For streaming, we bought a new ROKU a couple years ago and with it got HBO/Max free, the only ones we pay for are Amazon Prime and the Wife likes Frndly and Discovery+ and I think together those two are @ 12 a month. Or we can watch the free Tubi, Peacock, Crackle, FeeVee (IMTB), SCFI, Westerns and the like. We rarely purchase a streaming video unless its like $2.99. Yeah if watching, sometimes we have to use the mute button to ignore the ads and commercials. All of the streaming comes across a V's'ble iPhone Personal HotSpot.

The Wife found out through a news article that a lot of the so called reality shows are made up crap, like the home remodeling shows she liked, even Dancing With The Stars has some made up crap in it, now she rarely watches them. But she does like to watch some of the game shows like America Says and People Puzzler.

We just don't watch enough TV anymore unless it's a bad weather day or later at night.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-25-2022 at 08:09 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody streaming live tv content over starlink?
    I'm trying Hulu but because starlink changes it's IP address it keeps telling me that i'm not at home and shuts down Live tv.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast