Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to Florida

Hi, we're going to Florida from Northwest Indiana. I don't want to take the interstate this time. Can I take Rt 41 from Indiana all the way to Florida or do I have to travel on I 65 or I 24 atsome point.
    2021 imagine 2400 BH. 2021 Chevy Trail Boss, 6.2 engine.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know every inch of the roads from NW IN to Florida. I have lived in Nashville, Terre Haute, Atlanta and now Huntsville.

It all depends on where your destination in Florida is. From Pensacola to the south end of Florida is 830 miles. Please let me know where you're going and I can help you.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. We're planning on leaving mid December.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But where are you going in Florida, Jim? There are 3-4 different routes going down there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, eventually Homosassa

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. You'll need to take some interstates and get off on some 4 lane highways.
    The scenic route: Go down Hwy 41 through Terre Haute to Evansville to Hopkinsville/Clarksville and down to Nashville. (T.H. to Nashville is about 265 mi.)
    Go south from Franklin, TN to Columbia to Pulaski--very interesting Civil War towns and a beautiful route. You could either get on the interstate south at Ardmore, TN/AL or go straight to Huntsville--another interesting city with the Space Museum.
    I would take the interstate down Birmingham and down to Montgomery where you can get on Hwy 231 down to Dothan. Turn East in Dothan on Hwy 84 to Bainbridge, GA and south into Tallahassee. In Tallahassee, you could take Hwy 98 (4 lane) toward Clearwater to Homosassa.

The interstate way: NW IN to Indy, Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, thru the middle of Atlanta, and I-75 all the way to Florida. I'd get off I-75 at Ocala and go west to Dunnellon and over to Hwy 98. Then go south to Crystal River and into Homosassa.

Everyone has different interests and ways to travel. We often do a combination of 4 lanes and interstates--depending on if we're in a hurry. And we do stage our travel times to avoid towns like Atlanta in rush hours. But there again Atlanta paves roads all night often and there seems seldom is there a good time to go through there.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Okay. You'll need to take some interstates and get off on some 4 lane highways.
    The scenic route: Go down Hwy 41 through Terre Haute to Evansville to Hopkinsville/Clarksville and down to Nashville. (T.H. to Nashville is about 265 mi.)
    Go south from Franklin, TN to Columbia to Pulaski--very interesting Civil War towns and a beautiful route. You could either get on the interstate south at Ardmore, TN/AL or go straight to Huntsville--another interesting city with the Space Museum.
    I would take the interstate down Birmingham and down to Montgomery where you can get on Hwy 231 down to Dothan. Turn East in Dothan on Hwy 84 to Bainbridge, GA and south into Tallahassee. In Tallahassee, you could take Hwy 98 (4 lane) toward Clearwater to Homosassa.

The interstate way: NW IN to Indy, Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, thru the middle of Atlanta, and I-75 all the way to Florida. I'd get off I-75 at Ocala and go west to Dunnellon and over to Hwy 98. Then go south to Crystal River and into Homosassa.

Everyone has different interests and ways to travel. We often do a combination of 4 lanes and interstates--depending on if we're in a hurry. And we do stage our travel times to avoid towns like Atlanta in rush hours. But there again Atlanta paves roads all night often and there seems seldom is there a good time to go through there.
    We found it best to get thru Atlanta it has to be early on a Sunday morning - before church let's out and that is not a game day
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for your responses. Like I first mentioned, I just don't want to travel on all interstate highways. I'm looking forward to trying out these new routes. Thank you again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll like the Homosassa area. We were just in Crystal River last week for 2 nights. Lots to do there.
    Make sure you go to "The Freezer" and "Crackers" one time. Good places to eat.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, thank you.