Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water issue

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water issue

I think this was previously discussed in a thread but I can't find it. Recently I've developed a weird issue with the water coming out of the bathroom faucet when hooked to city water supply. It's "fizzy" much like carbonated water. Looks white. Even makes fairly good water taste funny. It does get better if the water is allowed to run for a while.

It doesn't seem so bad in the kitchen, which is in the back of the trailer. The bathroom is closer to the city water inlet. It almost seems like air is getting injected into the system.

I use a whole house single cartridge filter on the input to the trailer. We use bottled water to drink most of the time, but I'd like any ideas on why this started occurring.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this happening in more than one location (different water supplies) or in one place? We've had issues with water having a lot of compressed gas in it in a couple of places - but it was an issue with the well or water supply and not with our rig. If you have a waterfall faucet in the bathroom, that can also make the problem appear much worse in there than in the kitchen.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

It's happening in more than one place. Now that I think about it, it seems to be mostly in COE parks. It's only been going on for a few months. I'll hook up to my home water supply and see if that makes a difference. Just assumed it was a trailer issue.

"Compressed gas" is a good description.

Jerry
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our kitchen sink faucet does it and so does the bathroom sink occasionally. Always attributed it to our ABC water softner tank we have hooked up permenantly to our water supply. That and the kitchen sink has an aerator on it. It eventually goes away over time.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bathroom faucet (ONLY the bathroom faucet) does this consistently but ONLY on the hot water.

It's maddening. I've done a good vinegar soak on the water heater and the hot water pipes and run a lot of water trying to clear lines. It doesn't matter whether I am using my external filter(s) and/or water softener. I've cleared all lines (including those to the washer).

My next move will be to use some bleach and sanitize the water system.

All the searching I've done on the internet seems to say that it is gas coming out of the water when it is heated. The air bubbles (or gas) have a chance to dissipate at outlets farm from the heater but there isn't time for them to escape on short runs of piping. My bathroom is real close to the water heater.

If I fill a glass of water the bubbles/gas dissipate quickly and the water is clear.

I think all this started when I got into some real bad water out west last year (at more than one location).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    My bathroom faucet (ONLY the bathroom faucet) does this consistently but ONLY on the hot water.

It's maddening. I've done a good vinegar soak on the water heater and the hot water pipes and run a lot of water trying to clear lines. It doesn't matter whether I am using my external filter(s) and/or water softener. I've cleared all lines (including those to the washer).

My next move will be to use some bleach and sanitize the water system.

All the searching I've done on the internet seems to say that it is gas coming out of the water when it is heated. The air bubbles (or gas) have a chance to dissipate at outlets farm from the heater but there isn't time for them to escape on short runs of piping. My bathroom is real close to the water heater.

If I fill a glass of water the bubbles/gas dissipate quickly and the water is clear.

I think all this started when I got into some real bad water out west last year (at more than one location).
    Well, mine seems to be more on the cold outlet. Have you tried the hot outlet with the water heater off?

Interesting about the problem starting after taking on some bad water, but what would cause it to continue?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Well, mine seems to be more on the cold outlet. Have you tried the hot outlet with the water heater off?

Interesting about the problem starting after taking on some bad water, but what would cause it to continue?
    I did try it without turning on the water heater. It comes out clear. That's what leads me believe the research I did - that the hot water gets gas bubbles and don't have time to disburse before reaching the nearest faucet.
    Larry KE4DMG

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be able to get some relief by letting some water/air out of the water heater via the relief valve. Careful not to burn yourself doing this.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had this same exact issue; as mentioned above, for me, it was a hot water only phenomenon. Water was "hyper-areated", way more than typical carbonation. I did sanitize my system using bleach and the problem went away. I have had it happen again, but it cleared up on its own before I sanitized again. All that to say, I am not sure! Good news it seemed harmless (no odor, and i never drink or cook with RV water).
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking this over with a friend and this came to mind....

I read one place that a magnesium anode rod will create gas whereas an aluminum one won't. I'm going to see which I have and if it isn't aluminum I an going to change to an aluminum one.
    Larry KE4DMG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast