User Tag List

Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleaned and greased the hinge pin on my Reese Gooseneck. Not really happy that Reese didn't put some lab on it to begin with or the wear on the pin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3521.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	50173

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3522.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	50174
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3523.jpg   IMG_3522.jpeg  
    Last edited by traveldawg; 03-21-2024 at 11:46 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the repairman out for what is becoming an annual spring ritual. The Norcold refrigerator quit cooling again. For now it appears he has it running and it is not the complete failure of the cooling unit as has been the case in the past.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy. We have a 2016 Solitude 379FL. My wife used to get really nervous when I was about to make a new hole in our Solitude...Now she just takes it in stride!

Hole #1 . Our 379FL got really hot and stuffy in the front living area, even with the windows open. I bought and installed a new ceiling vent fan with rain sense and a remote.

Hole #2 . I removed the anemic 8 watt lights over the island sinks, reinforced the ceiling structure, then installed a 60 inch ceiling fan with a 180 watt light fixture after "borrowing" power from a nearby 120 Volt line and used a relay to make the 12 volt light circuit work the lights. It misses the tops of the slides by about 2 inches.

Hole #3 . Being used to having a ceiling fan over our bed while sleeping, we purchased a 24 inch 12 volt reversible ceiling fan.

Holes # 4 & 5. I installed Water Mi$er units in both the kitchen and bath faucets.

Hole #6 . I installed a GFI receptacle just in front of the rear door in the metal bottom skirt. I took power from the laundry plug inside the rear closet.

Hole #7 . I found a 50 amp Hughes "Autoformer" on sale with free shipping from Amazon (40+ Lbs). I installed that inside the basement mounted to the rear wall. I made it so it could be bypassed using 50 amp plugs and sockets.

Hole #8 . I Installed hydraulic disc brakes...Hydrostar and Kodiak.

Hole #9 . I made an oak rack in the rear closet to reinforce/replace the very wimpy clothes rack that completely fell apart while travelling.

Hole #1 0. Ran an HDMI cable from a receptacle I mounted in the box next to the recliner to where the TV is mounted.

Hole #1 1. Removed the single battery box in the front boot and installed a large plastic tool box (Walmart) that can hold up to three batteries in parallel, including inlet and outlet vents.

Hole #1 2. Installed an Aqua Sana filter system with above sink faucet. Then later added a 12 volt boost pump for the filter.

Installed "Air-Flow" inserts in both AC units

My wife sewed mesh covers for both AC units as the bird nests were causing lots of damage in as little as a couple of hours.

We installed permanent covers over all four roof vents.

Finally, we installed the RV-ARMOR lifetime roof in 2022.

This is still a work in process...

Frank Ziegler
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Howdy. We have a 2016 Solitude 379FL. My wife used to get really nervous when I was about to make a new hole in our Solitude...Now she just takes it in stride!

Hole #1 . Our 379FL got really hot and stuffy in the front living area, even with the windows open. I bought and installed a new ceiling vent fan with rain sense and a remote.

Hole #2 . I removed the anemic 8 watt lights over the island sinks, reinforced the ceiling structure, then installed a 60 inch ceiling fan with a 180 watt light fixture after "borrowing" power from a nearby 120 Volt line and used a relay to make the 12 volt light circuit work the lights. It misses the tops of the slides by about 2 inches.

Hole #3 . Being used to having a ceiling fan over our bed while sleeping, we purchased a 24 inch 12 volt reversible ceiling fan.

Holes # 4 & 5. I installed Water Mi$er units in both the kitchen and bath faucets.

Hole #6 . I installed a GFI receptacle just in front of the rear door in the metal bottom skirt. I took power from the laundry plug inside the rear closet.

Hole #7 . I found a 50 amp Hughes "Autoformer" on sale with free shipping from Amazon (40+ Lbs). I installed that inside the basement mounted to the rear wall. I made it so it could be bypassed using 50 amp plugs and sockets.

Hole #8 . I Installed hydraulic disc brakes...Hydrostar and Kodiak.

Hole #9 . I made an oak rack in the rear closet to reinforce/replace the very wimpy clothes rack that completely fell apart while travelling.

Hole #1 0. Ran an HDMI cable from a receptacle I mounted in the box next to the recliner to where the TV is mounted.

Hole #1 1. Removed the single battery box in the front boot and installed a large plastic tool box (Walmart) that can hold up to three batteries in parallel, including inlet and outlet vents.

Hole #1 2. Installed an Aqua Sana filter system with above sink faucet. Then later added a 12 volt boost pump for the filter.

Installed "Air-Flow" inserts in both AC units

My wife sewed mesh covers for both AC units as the bird nests were causing lots of damage in as little as a couple of hours.

We installed permanent covers over all four roof vents.

Finally, we installed the RV-ARMOR lifetime roof in 2022.

This is still a work in process...

Frank Ziegler
    My wife is the same about me poking holes in the RV walls. She refuses to watch.

I made 3 major ones: Microwave vent to the outside; dryer vent; removed 50 amp plug, made bigger square hole for inside 50amp electric reel.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took out the tri-fold sofa in the bunk house. Had a “single” bed frame welded of 1-1/2 angle iron for $200.00 Got a single mattress in a box. Cut to size to fit the bed frame. Made 3 drawers on wheels to place under the bed for storage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2818.jpg  
    We have just got a new to us 2021 reflections 5th wheel Model 311 BHS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that looks like a perfect idea for something similar to what i was planning or figuring out for the fold out couch at the rear of our 337 fifth wheel. Store stuff underneath, have a bed, add a couple removable leges for a bunk that would house an air matress when the grandkids are along. HMMM another project added to the "To Do" or "Get R Done" list.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    that looks like a perfect idea for something similar to what i was planning or figuring out for the fold out couch at the rear of our 337 fifth wheel. Store stuff underneath, have a bed, add a couple removable leges for a bunk that would house an air matress when the grandkids are along. HMMM another project added to the "To Do" or "Get R Done" list.
    We store things under the tri fold, have since day 1. Height is the limiting factor but it's agreat spot for an extra 30 lb bag of dog food, items not used often,spare paper goods and linens that only get used for the tri bed etc. After sleeping on it once ,no one wants to sleep on it again so we also stash an air mattress under there too
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First 1000 mile trip with the new 310GK this week. Today I reattached some trim that came down off the dinette slide. Also dug into the island floor and fixed some duct work that was twisted so bad nearly
    No air came out of that side. Then I rearranged some other slightly crushed ducting in the basement. Lastly, adjusted my dinette slide so it went out just a hair further.

All I’ve got left is a bath to remove the front cap bugs and maybe adjust the vent cover over the kitchen fan. The fan lid gets hung up on the cover. Mounted too far forward.
    2024 310GK
    2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW, B&W companion

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbgntx View Post
    I had the repairman out for what is becoming an annual spring ritual. The Norcold refrigerator quit cooling again. For now it appears he has it running and it is not the complete failure of the cooling unit as has been the case in the past.
    I had continuing issues with my Norcold 2118 basically from day one. This is how the back of it looks now, thanks to JC Refrigeration in Shipshewana, IN and my credit card....

2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We store things under the tri fold, have since day 1. Height is the limiting factor but it's agreat spot for an extra 30 lb bag of dog food, items not used often,spare paper goods and linens that only get used for the tri bed etc. After sleeping on it once ,no one wants to sleep on it again so we also stash an air mattress under there too
    yeppers, grandkids never cared, son-in-law and daughter hate it too!
    last time just left the bed as a couch, grandkids slept on it and recliners, adults used a blow up queen and was fine.
    just a reminder if you don't want anyone to stay with you just let them sleep on it and they won't want to again
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast