User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the 500 miles. A travel trailer won't make that truck even breathe deeply. It really takes 25K miles or more to break in the engines.
    Thanks for the info. Nearly there though and have 440 miles on it right now. Will be all good to go.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Nice Rob! I just recently went on a spree trying to trade in my 1500 and move up to a 3500 but still too much owed on the truck...have to wait another year or so. Can’t believe how cheap the 3500’s are right now, I found tons of Big Horns loaded for anywhere from $61000 to $66000.

Enjoy the new ride! If your every up in Innisfil, bring it by so I can drool lol!

Cheers
    Tim
    LOL!! The Tundra was a 2009 and really loved that truck but it was time to move on and like you said there are some really good deals out there.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking truck. Congratulations ��. When we get back home early October, my new black Ram 3500 cc sb 4x4 is suppose to be ready for me. I’m really looking forward to get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if you read the break in instructions it states words to the effect of—hook up a heavy trailer and begin pulling. At least that what my 2014 called for. Pg 13 of my manual states “[t]he diesel engine does not require a break-in period due to its construction.”

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    ... Biggest problem now is after I get it on Wednesday I need to get 500 miles on it before we leave for Myrtle Beach on September 13th. Guess I will be driving everywhere and enjoying the new truck.
    I had to laugh when I read this. We upgraded from a half ton to a diesel one ton and had to do that 500 mile joy ride. Congrats on your new rig. I love our diesel and know I can never go back to pulling with a gasoline rig. No offense intended to those who are doing that and are happy with their truck.

Mike

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra&Ta350 View Post
    I think if you read the break in instructions it states words to the effect of—hook up a heavy trailer and begin pulling. At least that what my 2014 called for. Pg 13 of my manual states “[t]he diesel engine does not require a break-in period due to its construction.”
    Yes that is in the diesel supplement but it also reference the regular owners manual where it states"Do not tow in the first 500 miles or 800Km" This is to allow the gears to start to wear in together before you tow. I have over 1000 km now and have towed the trailer home on the weekend to adjust the WDH and then brought it home tonight to pack for leaving on Friday.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
    I had to laugh when I read this. We upgraded from a half ton to a diesel one ton and had to do that 500 mile joy ride. Congrats on your new rig. I love our diesel and know I can never go back to pulling with a gasoline rig. No offense intended to those who are doing that and are happy with their truck.

Mike
    Yes Mike did that on Saturday morning while DW was sleeping in. Just me and my truck. By Sunday morning had my 800 km (500 miles) on it to bring the trailer home to make sure hitch and brakes were all set to go and that the truck and trailer played nice.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!! But that there is a rare bird from my experience. Why? First, you don't see many SRW RAM 3500's. Most are ordered with DRW (and in 4x4). Second, the Aisin transmission is typically reserved for the mid HP and HO Cummins which generally means a DRW. Not doubting you, just pointing out what my research on RAM 3500's have turned up.

Sho nuff purdy!!

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    Very nice!! But that there is a rare bird from my experience. Why? First, you don't see many SRW RAM 3500's. Most are ordered with DRW (and in 4x4). Second, the Aisin transmission is typically reserved for the mid HP and HO Cummins which generally means a DRW. Not doubting you, just pointing out what my research on RAM 3500's have turned up.

Sho nuff purdy!!

Tom
    Here is Ontario there seems to be a pretty even split of 3500 RAM SRW and DRW. Might even be more SRW from what I saw when looking. I consider myself fortunate to find a SRW on the dealer lot that had the HO Cummins and Aisin transmission. Truck is pretty much exactly as I would have ordered it. The only thing that we would have added if ordering would have been the sunroof. First vehicle in a long time without a sunroof. So far the sliding rear window helps a lot with airflow when windows are not down too far.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    DW and I signed the deal today on a new tow vehicle. The Tundra was a great tow vehicle for 10 years and towed the 297RSTS for over 7000 miles in the last year since we purchased it and did it well. I knew is was at the Tundra's limits, just a little over payload and that when the time came for a new tow vehicle would go heavier to have some margin.

So DW and I signed the paperwork on a brand new RAM 3500 Crew Cab today and pick it up on Wednesday. Went with the diesel option and Aisin transmission. Gives me room to upgrade to fifth wheel potentially in the future. Good payload at 3830 lbs. Biggest problem now is after I get it on Wednesday I need to get 500 miles on it before we leave for Myrtle Beach on September 13th. Guess I will be driving everywhere and enjoying the new truck.

Here are some pics:

Attachment 22274Attachment 22273Attachment 22272

Rob

You gave up the Tundra! I can’t say that I blame you. I love my Tundy, pulls the 297 with ease, but I am starting to shop around for a 1ton myself. Been looking at that same setup you got, or a DRW. Still debating and convincing the wife. I want to get a Momentum down the road, so I’ve really been eyeballing the Ram 3500 DRW and the Ford’s. How does your new Ram compare to the Tundra?

Congrats Rob.
    2017 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crewcab
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast