User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the RVparky app. It may not have some of the features of a paid app like Roadtripper, but it's free and hasn't limited the stops I can add in. The link below, for example, is the trip I planned for the Idaho rally.
    https://www.rvparky.com/trip/5918592227082240
    Rick & Lynn Bowers
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS, (Sold) 2018 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW (Sold)
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R, 2022 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW - Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to look into RVparky. Never heard of that one! When I used roadtrippers, it was free. There are paid options but I never chose to use them.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kids following

Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    I've just started work on this and would like to hear any thoughts or suggestions. I want to create a map that shows our route we are taking from our house to the campgrounds just 10 minutes from our grandsons house. The trip will be 4 days traveling around 500km a day. I would put our stops on the map and points of interest that they might like. I figured we could email our daughter where we are each day and they could trace the route on the map. They are only 4 and 7 but figure this would give them a better idea how far away we live and our travels. Not sure if anyone has done anything like this but thought it would keep them occupied and stop them from saying will they be here soon.

Ken

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    In the lower states there's an app called Life360
    They can see live time where your phone is including the speed you're going and the stops you make. If they know what day your traveling, a text in the morning, all they have to do is look at the app to see where your at.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiddicBowers906 View Post
    We use the RVparky app. It may not have some of the features of a paid app like Roadtripper, but it's free and hasn't limited the stops I can add in. The link below, for example, is the trip I planned for the Idaho rally.
    https://www.rvparky.com/trip/5918592227082240
    I've had RV Parky for a couple of years, not used much because it WAS not very thorough or helpful in trip planning. However I had NO idea it could do the kind of mapping you've demonstrated, and maybe its coverage and information about campgrounds has improved now too.

Time for another look. Thanks!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    In the lower states there's an app called Life360
    They can see live time where your phone is including the speed you're going and the stops you make. If they know what day your traveling, a text in the morning, all they have to do is look at the app to see where your at.
    Another one that we use is FollowMee (www.followmee.com). I believe they have both IOS and Android versions.
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @WackyPup, @KamFlyer, @[email protected], @RVing in Michigan, and anyone else who shares their location on their phone and with various tracking apps.

People who share their location might not be aware of how much information about themselves that gives to data-miners and the companies and organizations that use the information products of data-mining.

Many people who do it say things like, "I'm not interesting enough to track", or "So what, I'm not doing anything wrong". However there is a HUGE interest in corporate and political and government circles in knowing a lot about you, no matter how uninteresting you think you are. Information you share about your movements, and discoveries via other means about what you do at the locations you visit, builds an ever-more-thorough profile of you that can be used to communicate to you, sell to you, make up or change your mind about issues or products, constrain delivery of certain kinds of information to you while ensuring that you see more of other kinds of information, and on and on.

If you're one who shares location data and other information online and through your devices you might be interested in podcast #402 at the link below. It's done by a handful of friends who have all been at the forefront of technology for decades and who are concerned about what it has become and how it's being used. Fair warning, there is LOT of rambling and banter in the first part of it but if you skip ahead you'll hear some interesting conversation about the kinds of information gathered from location data and the precision with which the miners can now know that it's YOU they are tracking. Those guys tackle similar subjects in privacy and technology in others of their podcasts. Worth a listen if you have any care about your privacy.

https://gog.show/category/podcast/
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    @WackyPup, @KamFlyer, @[email protected], @RVing in Michigan, and anyone else who shares their location on their phone and with various tracking apps.

People who share their location might not be aware of how much information about themselves that gives to data-miners and the companies and organizations that use the information products of data-mining.

Many people who do it say things like, "I'm not interesting enough to track", or "So what, I'm not doing anything wrong". However there is a HUGE interest in corporate and political and government circles in knowing a lot about you, no matter how uninteresting you think you are. Information you share about your movements, and discoveries via other means about what you do at the locations you visit, builds an ever-more-thorough profile of you that can be used to communicate to you, sell to you, make up or change your mind about issues or products, constrain delivery of certain kinds of information to you while ensuring that you see more of other kinds of information, and on and on.

If you're one who shares location data and other information online and through your devices you might be interested in podcast #402 at the link below. It's done by a handful of friends who have all been at the forefront of technology for decades and who are concerned about what it has become and how it's being used. Fair warning, there is LOT of rambling and banter in the first part of it but if you skip ahead you'll hear some interesting conversation about the kinds of information gathered from location data and the precision with which the miners can now know that it's YOU they are tracking. Those guys tackle similar subjects in privacy and technology in others of their podcasts. Worth a listen if you have any care about your privacy.

https://gog.show/category/podcast/
    Almost every new vehicle can be tracked and is, using your credit card they track you, using your debit card or making reservations at just about any place and they track you. I do use a VPN on my phone but there really isn't much we can do to prevent being tracked and that information being sold.

I am working on a colouring book for them that we will print and send to them. We can send her our location as we are driving. It has not only a road map but has points of interest along the way they can also colour. Will look forward to seeing the end result when we get there.

Thanks everyone lots of good ideas.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other post about tracking gave me a solution at my daughters end. I have the myFord app which has tracking of our vehicle. I can get our daughter to download the app and give her our log in info. That way she can show the grand kids where we are when ever they want.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12