User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I initially had the same concerns. Thought I would need goo gone, but they peeled off relatively easy without a hair dryer or any chemicals needed.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R 2019 Ford F350 SRW SB 6.7L Powerstroke

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all! The hair dryer and goo done did the trick.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    I always ask the dealer (rv, atv, boat, or cars) to remove the free advertising decals. I tell them that I do charge for their advertising by asking them to knock off another $1k off the final deal.
    They always looked at my funny. The DW just shakes her head. LOL
    My DW had to take a picture of me taking these of the new truck less than 20 minutes after we got home with it. 🤣

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just last week had to do the same
    plastic putty knife & then "Goof-Off" cleaner on paper towels
    Worked great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just last week had to do the same
    plastic putty knife & then "Goof-Off" cleaner on paper towels
    Worked great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve always told dealers (RV, cars, etc) NOT to put their stickers on my vehicle. They’re not paying me to advertise so I don’t want that trash on my vehicle.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    Hello,

Yesterday I picked up out new Solitude 377mbs. Beautiful camper, but I don't like the "advertising" stickers that GD has on the outside. I mean the "Keyed Alike" and "Knock Here" stickers. The don't appear to have been applied with a simple peal off adhesive. I would appreciate advice on how to remove them without damaging the finish. I see that some recommend Goo Off or Goo Gone. Is this the preferred way or are there other suggestions. I do not have the full body paint. Since they are placed in such prominent areas, I particularly do not want to mar the finish.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas!
    If you're going to use any kind of adhesive release like goo be gone, or you are going to use a heat gun, make sure that the stickers you are removing are not on the factory decals otherwise I will ruin those in your attempt to remove the advertising stickers. A hair dryer or heat gun works incredibly well with a plastic scraper. Just don't keep the scraper in the flow of the heat gun to long.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago I bought our first TT which came with 4 advertising (fully insulated, 13500 AC, etc) + the dealer's tag. Prior to final signing and picking it up, I made up a bill for advertising on my billboards. The salesman had a panicked look when I handed it to him the bill and told him I expected it to be paid prior to my signing. His manager told me I was nuts and I said fine, go up and walked out the door. The manager came after me and asked what I thought I was doing. I told him if they (or the manufacture) expected me to advertise their product(s), then they paid, just like any other site they advertise. He said he would remove all of them after I signed and paid for the rig. I demanded that in writing, which he wouldn't do. The salesman said he didn't want to loose the sale and went out himself to remove them. Several other people who were looking at rigs heard the fuss I was raising and started to ask what the issue was. The manager knocked another $500 off the price just to get me out of there. Don't know if anyone else had the stickers taken off, but I didn't bother ever going back to that dealer, whose initials sound like Sea double U.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care about the small stickers on the outside. I had such a good experience with my dealer that I requested (and got) a spare tire cover with their logo on it. I don't mind giving them a little free advertising since it's a really good dealer.

The stickers that totally piss me off are the don't be a dummy stickers on the inside. I was able to get all of them off the normal wall paneling but they put a don't be a dummy sticker, about the slide, on the fake me out wood under the main control panel. It was about 2" x 3" white with red lettering. When I attempted to carefully peel that sticker off it took the fake me out wood covering off leaving me a bare 2" x 3" patch. Yea I was a little pissed to say the least. Fortunately me and Mrs skreef were able to find a nice picture we could install to cover that area.

Note to manufacturers: Don't insult my intelligence by putting a bunch of don't be a dummy stickers all around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dummysticker.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	26641
    Last edited by ckreef; 05-20-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An insurance company paid $16,000 to remove the large dealer applied sticker across the back of my 28BH. I got rear ended and the whole back wall had to be replaced. I was getting ready to do it my self, but now I don't have to. I have used orange solvent to remove the glue and then washed the surface. That worked pretty well for a baked on sticker.
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast