User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I've looked around quite a bit for tires for my F450. And I find Cooper Tires, the roadmasters, are very affordable compared to my F250s pro comps. They're heavier duty then the stock tires that came with the truck, I think from continental. I've had them on approximately 20,000 miles now and they still look very good and no where near the wear bars. Nor are they coming apart like the stock tires did. The stock tires started throwing chunks, the lugs, at about 7000 miles. I took it back to ford and the 1st thing they asked me was if I was driving over 70 miles an hour. I said of course the speed limits are seventy-five where I drive, they said I voided my warranty those tires are only rated to 70 miles an hour. The Coopers are rated up to 88 which is slightly above where the Fords speed limiter is. And they have a very deep shoulder and lug pattern on them for when I am out in the desert or on the sand.
    Mine has Continental HDR's on it. Those are rated N for speed (87). I'm shocked you only got 7K out of them!! I have almost 10 on mine and honestly, they look brand new still, I can't see any wear at all on them (and 6K+ of that was towing). Sounds like you got a bad set, but 19.5s should really be good on a 450 for 50K+ miles with 100K not unheard of.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Cooper Roadmasters are what GD is putting on the H-rated 17.5" wheels on the new Solitudes, just a random data point for you
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789