User Tag List

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    OMG!!!!! I just noticed that you have a 2005 FJR. I was one of those priority delivery folks back in 2003. Sold the bike 2 years ago - one of the worst decisions I ever made (other than my 2nd wife.....cough, cough, ahem). I'm about to pull the trigger on a Super Tenere or Triumph Tiger 1200.

Sorry for the hijack folks. I'm a mo'sickle fanatic.

Tom
    My second wife is the single best decision I ever made! The FJR was a great choice, too.
    When you have a Moment(um) of Solitude, Imagine if your Reflection were built with quality similar to an FJR. See what I did there?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being in MFG for 45 years I can only imagine what GD's internal DPP is If they tracked it there would be a stack of CAR's 20m high for the production folks. If the managers had to fill a few of those out quality on the line would improve quickly for sure!

Regards,
    Kevin
    PS: Sorry for the off topic.
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom....
    That is how I spell C L A R I T Y ....

Great analysis of the "State of the Art" ??
    Can you turn up the timetable to less than 8 years , though ?????

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read that Tiffin is entering the 5th wheel market. Their objective is to bring "Class A" construction to a 5th wheel trailer. I'm sure it won't be cheap, but maybe this will be the start of the "big change". (I hope).https://vanleighrv.com/
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS, purchased April 2018. 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel (I need a bigger truck!). Oswego NY in the summer, Ft. Myers Beach, Fl in the winter. GD is my summer home. Previously owned: 2015 Rockwood 2604WS; 2012 KZ Stoneridge 43' toy hauler; 2005 Titanium 39' toy hauler.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Davey View Post
    Just read that Tiffin is entering the 5th wheel market. Their objective is to bring "Class A" construction to a 5th wheel trailer. I'm sure it won't be cheap, but maybe this will be the start of the "big change". (I hope).https://vanleighrv.com/
    Having worked on a Vilano (a Vanleigh product) I didn’t see anything that jumped out as wow this is well built. The Vilano is in the Solitude price range. The few week old unit had:

1. Wires not adequately secured (tightened) in the AC breaker box. Rightfully scared the owner when smoke was coming from the panel.

2. The lights over the sink in the bathroom were miswired, they were incorrectly controlled by the bedroom light switch.

3. Exterior trim along the roofline was loose.

4. Slide needed adjusting.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Vanleigh trailers appear to be copycats of GD. Been through a few of them at the RV show in Tampa. At first look they look like a nice trailer. On closer inspection I didn't think they matched up to GD in construction. Their cabinets when opening and closing have a bad wobble to them due to how flimsy they are. A close look at fit and finish doesn't look as nice either.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their construction hasn't changed for 2019. Looked inside my storage wall today while installing a water leak alarm. Didn't fine any soft rubber hoses though, that I could see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1944.jpg   IMG_1945.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve

Sorry, your first pic the top blue hose is the soft rubber hose, the second pic I believe the black hose connected to the blue pex is soft as well.

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Steve

Sorry, your first pic the top blue hose is the soft rubber hose, the second pic I believe the black hose connected to the blue pex is soft as well.

Brian

@Steven@147 . . . Brian is right . . . there is a lot of soft hose in that first picture. Any line that follows a curve, is a soft hose . . . that will eventually leak where it is clamped to a Pex fitting .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    @Steven@147 . . . Brian is right . . . there is a lot of soft hose in that first picture. Any line that follows a curve, is a soft hose . . . that will eventually leak where it is clamped to a Pex fitting .

Rob
    Well Crap! I guess when you all were talking soft rubber hose, my mind got a mental picture of a rubber hose you would find on a car engine, soft really pliable. Feeling around on some of the connections, the hoses feel like a hard plastic type of hose. Not like a schedule 40 PVC hard plastic, but harder plastic than a heater core hose.
    Well any way I didn't find any evidence of leaks so far. I put a water leak probe in behind the nautilus panel then attached the alarm to the outside of the panel. Going to put some more alarms in the kitchen island and in the bathroom. Of course I'll get a leak somewhere else that I didn't put an alarm.
    I guess I should get a separate supply of fuel injection hose clamps and some side cutter pliers to take the old clamps off and keep them in the unit just in case. I'm new with all this Pex stuff, never messed with it before.

Thanks Guys
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast