User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hauling a RZR in 394M

Hello, anyone hauling a Polaris RZR XP 1000 in a 394M? Any problem tying it down? Just looking for ideas from someone who has been there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2019 Momentum 394M
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I just picked up my new 349m and my 2016 4 seat turbo with 32” tires barely barely fits, I need let the air out of the front tires to make it work. Then I just ratchet tie down 4 straps. 2 are from rear of frame pulling it forward and 2 are from front underside of Rzr frame to rear so the tie downs are fighting each other. I was nervous it wouldn’t fit with the rear sliding door option I got. So far so good.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggluck3 View Post
    Man I just picked up my new 349m and my 2016 4 seat turbo with 32” tires barely barely fits, I need let the air out of the front tires to make it work. Then I just ratchet tie down 4 straps. 2 are from rear of frame pulling it forward and 2 are from front underside of Rzr frame to rear so the tie downs are fighting each other. I was nervous it wouldn’t fit with the rear sliding door option I got. So far so good.
    Thanks for the reply, mine is a 2 seater so it should be a little easier, the tie down method you described sounds like a good idea.
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are concerned about compressing the suspension for a long period while traveling, support the frame. When I had the Harley in, I took a piece of 6x6 lumber and slid it under the frame then cinched soon the ratchet straps so the frame was solid to the board. Saved the suspension and rock solid. I imagine you could find 4 points on the frame on the Rzr. for the same purpose. One advantage is when traveling on rougher roads the suspension doesn't stroke and allow the straps to loosen. Not likely your Rzr will "fall over" but shifting against the front wall or rear ramp might not be good for components.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    If you are concerned about compressing the suspension for a long period while traveling, support the frame. When I had the Harley in, I took a piece of 6x6 lumber and slid it under the frame then cinched soon the ratchet straps so the frame was solid to the board. Saved the suspension and rock solid. I imagine you could find 4 points on the frame on the Rzr. for the same purpose. One advantage is when traveling on rougher roads the suspension doesn't stroke and allow the straps to loosen. Not likely your Rzr will "fall over" but shifting against the front wall or rear ramp might not be good for components.
    Thanks, good idea.
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 349M also and a two seat Rzr 1000 XP and it fits nicely with enough room in front to fit a dirt bike as well. In terms of strapping down I found that laying a single run of E-Track down the side nearest the side door and then using the tire type straps connected to E-Track worked well. That prevented any hopping from suspension travel and also made it a lot easier to get it in and tie it down without crawling all over everything. I then back it in closest to the drivers side wall which leaves a fair amount of room on the passenger side where the side door is. Did several trips this last summer on less than stellar forest service roads and it never moved around at all.
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2016 Ram 3500 SRW with AISIN tranny

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is how I have been tying down my RZRs and Fiat for 5 years now. Works well, fairly easy to do and no problems so far. (Done on both sides)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0849r.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	24332

Name:	IMG_0850r.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	24333

Name:	IMG_0851r.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	24334
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Here is how I have been tying down my RZRs and Fiat for 5 years now. Works well, fairly easy to do and no problems so far. (Done on both sides)

Looks like a great way to do it, very secure and no chance of rolling either direction. Thanks!
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post

I meant to ask in my previous reply, what brand are the straps you’re using to run through the wheels, and what ratchet straps are you using?
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddymc View Post
    I meant to ask in my previous reply, what brand are the straps you’re using to run through the wheels, and what ratchet straps are you using?
    I got the choker straps at Tractor Supply, can’t remember brand. The tie downs (ratchet straps) are made by Rhino USA purchased on Amazon. Kinda expensive but best tie downs I have ever owned. They come with some straps but they are not so good for using as choker straps but might be fine for RZR wheels but not for Fiat.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast