User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all that have mentioned it,

The more I think about it, 700mA seems crazy high for the Schwinteck controller at idle. Does anyone have a reference or a real measurement of what it should draw?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cookinwitdiesel

The power from the truck (7 pin harness) comes into mine at the bank of auto reset breakers. In my case it is the blue wire. That blue wire also feeds the hitch light and the dome light in the front bay. I would assume that is so the truck can power those lights even with no battery installed? That's a stretch, but it's the only reason I can think of to set it up that way.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And about the battery selector switch...

I have thought about using one of those to select in a two battery setup. I would run one and save the other as a reserve battery. (Don't know if they still make motorcycle fuel valves like that.)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just were out at our rig (reflection 26rl) and this is what we found regarding parasitic drains on the battery = 0. That's with the battery disconnect off.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We just were out at our rig (reflection 26rl) and this is what we found regarding parasitic drains on the battery = 0. That's with the battery disconnect off.
    I'll get there one day 😁

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    I'll get there one day ��
    I only posted this because I read the first post yesterday. I mentioned it to my husband, and he looked when we went out to the rig today. We've never made any changes to achieve the zero drain on the battery.

It seems that different rigs have different connection setups (maybe depends on who made the connections on any given day at the factory).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I only posted this because I read the first post yesterday. I mentioned it to my husband, and he looked when we went out to the rig today. We've never made any changes to achieve the zero drain on the battery.

It seems that different rigs have different connection setups (maybe depends on who made the connections on any given day at the factory).
    I totally agree with "who wired it on what day"

I haven't tried with Grand Design but it tried to get a wiring diagram for my old Montana. The basically said "We don't have drawings because we don't know what they do on the factory floor."

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised to learn that my basement lights bypass the cutoff switch. I only mention that because I normally set the lights so they come on when detecting motion. I was very surprised to find my battery dead after what seemed like a very short time compared with other trailers. I don't know what the drain is since I've not measured the drain yet, but I was surprised. It certainly has to be lower than the 700mA, but it's also not going to be zero since the four lights need some power to detect motion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the battery killer... The motor controller for the Schwintek bed slide is powered by the battery side of the switch. The motors can't run because the switch on the control side is powered by the main panel. But... The controller in idle state draws almost 3/4 of an amp. The quick math says that in 66 hours your 100 amp lead acid battery will be at 50% charge. (Time to shut it off). Any more time and you are damaging the battery. In five days the battery is pretty severely damaged.

Thank you for this. Now I just need to figure out how to move it down steam of the battery disconnect.

On second thought it may be easier just to install an actual battery disconnect between the battery and the first bus bar.
    Last edited by GeoffnCheri; 02-18-2020 at 06:57 PM. Reason: light bulb came on in my head
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll get there one day 

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    On second thought it may be easier just to install an actual battery disconnect between the battery and the first bus bar.
    A fair number of people have had that second thought, including me.

I have four (very heavy) 6V batteries configured as two 12V. I’ll probably replace them but there’s no practical alternative that I know about that will pack hundreds of amp-hours into a single battery so a two-battery switch made sense to me. It might make sense (future-proofing) for you. This is the one I and others here have installed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by boyscout; 02-19-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast