User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New F450 purchase options

Hello all, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. We're getting ready to seriously pursue a 2020 F450 Platinum purchase. I'd consider a 2019, but I like the fuel mileage, 10 speed trans, and the turning radius of the 2020. I'm curious about the price range this group has seen in recent months especially considering the COVID pressure on car dealers and sales. We are not looking for a custom build but are interested in purchasing a truck from the dealer lot. Any guidance from this group would be appreciated on expected pricing.
    I monitor the email blast from the forum and thoroughly enjoy the lessons learned from the group, and the benefit from all of you has been great. Take care everyone and stay safe.

Greg
    2012 2500HD (soon to put on the market)
    2018 Solitude 375RES
    Reese Goosebox
    2020 Ford F-450 Platinum
    Clarkston, MI

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg2123neis View Post
    Hello all, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. We're getting ready to seriously pursue a 2020 F450 Platinum purchase. I'd consider a 2019, but I like the fuel mileage, 10 speed trans, and the turning radius of the 2020. I'm curious about the price range this group has seen in recent months especially considering the COVID pressure on car dealers and sales. We are not looking for a custom build but are interested in purchasing a truck from the dealer lot. Any guidance from this group would be appreciated on expected pricing.
    I monitor the email blast from the forum and thoroughly enjoy the lessons learned from the group, and the benefit from all of you has been great. Take care everyone and stay safe.

Greg
    Hi Greg. I have the same trailer as you and just ordered and purchased a 2020 F450. I can't recommend it enough to pull a 375, all the reasons you listed are why I did it and I came out of a '19 F350 that pulled it fine. Most Platinums you'll find on dealer lots are going to be pretty well loaded. The 5th wheel prep is standard on the 450 now which is nice. If you can find one without the big sunroof you'll save 1600 bucks right there, it's an option now and I ordered mine without it. They will have an MSRP of between 87-88K and 90K with the roof. The console vault and dual alternators are nice to have and not that expensive. You're in Michigan so the rapid cab heater is a must and the dual alt's are free with it. There are usually not a lot of rebates on 450's, think mine had 2K so if you can buy it in the 80-82K range you've done ok. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a new F450 last June. I didn't go with the Platinum. I got the STX body group. Good enough for me. $66k I added a Ford/Reese hitch that fits the puck system, wheel to wheel step up bar, and Gator Trax rolltop bed cover. The truck does a wonderful job of pulling my 376. Turning radius has been a super plus. Mirrors are IMHO are poor, but the camera system works pretty good, I am still getting used to using a camera for vehicle movement.

All in all I am happy with my choice.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this up to see if, following all the COVID-19 shutdowns, anyone has recently purchased a 350 or 450. If so, were you seeing much of a discount? Local inventory for 200 miles is very low, discounts are minimal to nonexistent based upon email inquiries only, especially with the 450. Thanks!

Probably going with a 2020 350DRW ‘cause they just raised our personal property taxes here again in the State of Taxginia and the 450 gets some extra fees just because.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Bumping this up to see if, following all the COVID-19 shutdowns, anyone has recently purchased a 350 or 450. If so, were you seeing much of a discount? Local inventory for 200 miles is very low, discounts are minimal to nonexistent based upon email inquiries only, especially with the 450. Thanks!

Probably going with a 2020 350DRW ‘cause they just raised our personal property taxes here again in the State of Taxginia and the 450 gets some extra fees just because.
    You're not going to see any discounts unless you wait all the way to the end of the year and buy from the lot. I have this on fantastic authority as a close camping friend happens to own one of the biggest Ford dealerships in the area. GM and RAM are taking the same route. I'm sure you all have noticed the absence of incentive commercials...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You're not going to see any discounts unless you wait all the way to the end of the year and buy from the lot. I have this on fantastic authority as a close camping friend happens to own one of the biggest Ford dealerships in the area. GM and RAM are taking the same route. I'm sure you all have noticed the absence of incentive commercials...
    Yep inventory is getting reeeeeeaaalll thin right now. Dealers inventory won't be back to normal until late summer mid fall at the soonest. The 450's are a rare breed, probably better off just ordering one.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inventory is very slim and I’m hearing discounts are tough mainly due to limited availability and the fact the 450 is in relatively high demand. I was able to secure a Ford employee cert from a friend and that was a big bonus. I live in the Detroit area and the employee discounts are more accessible. There are other discounts such as friends and family, (x plan) corporate supplier (Check with your HR dept), Costco, AAA, and many credit unions. It never hurts to ask the dealer what the a-z employee price is, and then make an offer of $100-200 above the a-z plan price. D2reid sounds like a good price for a STX. I have 1450 miles and have pulled the 375 twice and I'm very pleased with the 450. The ride quality is better than I expected. The 350 is a good alternative for less money. Major differences with the 450 are the mono beam wide front end that gives you incredible turn radius, heavier front springs, beefier chassis, the 4.30 differential, and heavier brakes. The payload is about the same. Can't go wrong in my view with the 450. I know many states and banks treat the 450 as a commercial truck.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg2123neis View Post

Greg
    is the turning radius that much better than previous generations? My 2018 F250 turning radius is terrible. Parking is a nightmare.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What may I ask, is invoice on one ?
    I get 1% under invoice thru my work at Ford.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    is the turning radius that much better than previous generations? My 2018 F250 turning radius is terrible. Parking is a nightmare.
    Our neighbor has a 2015 F350 with the wide track front end ( last year for the F350's) and it will turn on a dime.When we do a u-turn with our GMC we need three lanes, his wide track front end will do it in two with ease. That's on a road with a blvd.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast