User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here are 2 pics - 1 battery wiring & 2 -shunt. More suggestions welcome. Not sure if it has ever worked correctly....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2493.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	26172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2495.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	26173.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to see exactly how the wiring is laid out in your battery box, but the below diagram is provided from Victron, your setup should look similar if installed correctly. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200424-141359_Drive.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	26174

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks the same.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    here are 2 pics - 1 battery wiring & 2 -shunt. More suggestions welcome. Not sure if it has ever worked correctly....Click image for larger version. 

Ok I will take a stab at this. I installed a BMV 712 yesterday with two Battle Born batteries and have worked through the setups. So I only know what I think I know. Others may correct me.

First thing you need to do is change the settings using gear icon top right corner of the app. If you look at page 38 of the manual it gives you the settings for Lithium batteries. From what I found on the BB site these are what BB recommnds. The image you show iare the default battery settings. I will only note the settings you need to change.

Select the Gear icon inside the app.
    Select Battery
    Select the words “Charge voltage” and change to 14.4
    Select Peukert exponent and change to 1.05
    Select Charge efficiency factor and change to 99%

That should do it.

Do you have a lithium converter? If not you will not get to 14.4.

I did a test this morning. Turned off my power and used a few amp hours. Plugged the trailer back in and watched the batteries charge back up. Two Battle born. Right now my batteries are at 14.43.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, now that I Have the app, on my computer, I took a screen shot, but we had to plug back into shore power for the fridge, (were only unplugged for 30 minutes, and the pics above were from Right BEFORE we unplugged....here is after... and now the batteries are 100%, but 13.47v.... which I thought should be 14.47 more/less
    I'm no expert, but I'm not so sure you have a problem. Your settings say that that when charged to 100%, the voltage will be 13.2 volts. So the BMV is detecting 13.47V, and it correctly reports 100% state of charge. (I don't think it ever reports more than 100%. Your voltage is actually 102%+.)

You say you're plugged in. The BMV is showing current coming into the battery is .5A. That tells me the RV's charger is in float mode and providing a trickle charge. No problem.

The only weird thing I see is the BMV temperature display: 30F. That seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    your setup should look similar if installed correctly.
    The Victron diagram shows a two battery configuration where one batter is a starter battery -- like on a boat. I think @zadiemay's should be different, and I think it is. And I think her setup is correct.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    Ok I will take a stab at this. I installed a BMV 712 yesterday with two Battle Born batteries and have worked through the setups. So I only know what I think I know. Others may correct me.

First thing you need to do is change the settings using gear icon top right corner of the app. If you look at page 38 of the manual it gives you the settings for Lithium batteries. From what I found on the BB site these are what BB recommnds. The image you show iare the default battery settings. I will only note the settings you need to change.

Select Battery
    Select Peukert exponent and change to 1.05
    Select Charge efficiency factor and change to 99%

That should do it.

I did a test this morning. Turned off my power and used a few amp hours. Plugged the trailer back in and watched the batteries charge back up. Two Battle born. Right now my batteries are at 14.43.

Thank you! I changed my settings, I didn't realize they were off. I would have expected the installer to have done that. Will give it a whirl & see if it works. Thanks once again!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You stated that you had to plug back in because of the fridge. Don’t you also have propane on your fridg? Switch over to propane and do an extended unplugged test.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day I had the same issue the in line fuse for the Red wire going to the Shunt came with the wrong size fuse came with 100mA should be 1amp my issue
    2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4 x 4
    Bilstein 5100 Series shocks / Air Lift Bags
    B & W Turnoverball with Companion 20k
    2016 Momentum 350M
    2019 Honda 1000-5 Deluxe

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob & Joni View Post
    Good day I had the same issue the in line fuse for the Red wire going to the Shunt came with the wrong size fuse came with 100mA should be 1amp my issue
    Sorry I should have added the following if it is the wrong fuse once you replace with 1A then make sure the batteries are charged to 100% then Synchronize SOC to 100% with your phone
    app
    2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4 x 4
    Bilstein 5100 Series shocks / Air Lift Bags
    B & W Turnoverball with Companion 20k
    2016 Momentum 350M
    2019 Honda 1000-5 Deluxe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    Select Battery

That should do it.

Battleborn called me back & they had me change only one of the settings you told me- so you were definitely on the right direction - they told me to change "charged voltage to 14.2". They also told us to reverse the lines to the shunt (bus bar) in the battery box, then when it got fully charged hit Synchronize. Current readings. Oh, I don't have a thermostat on this I am guessing, because it is much warmer than 30º

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after adj..png 
Views:	14 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	26183
    Last edited by zadiemay; 04-25-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast