User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya us to, After 1 1/2 yrs of shopping different TT and floor plans we finally decided on a 2020 22MLE and felt lucky that the dealer had 1 left on his lot. 2 days before we were suppose to pick it up everything closed down. Now all I can do is look at pictures and our sales contract oh and this amazing forum. I guess feel lucky that our warranty has started or payments or insurance.... Its giving us something to look forward to. And spending on accessories like a new generator with remote start.
    You all stay safe and healthy. Better days ahead.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like many of us are in the same boat - ordered a new rig Jan 2020 it came into the dealer in March with some damage (blown Westlake tire during transport - go figure). The repairs were done and they really wanted me to pick it up......funny Lazy Days in Florida is considered essential so they are still open.

Well not me, I have not left the house for over a month now....they were so desperate for their money they delivered it for free....so like others it sits in the yard - looks nice - insurance is paid...Oh well we're alive.....

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have friends who sold their home, we offered them to our backyard with full hookups. They opted out. Why? They found an Indian Owned RV Park. That's where they are staying, Utah. Perhaps you can find one in your area just to go? Of course, call and Verify. Wish you Many Happy Safe Travels ASAP!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, the weather hasn't been all that nice. Still have some snow on the ground (small spots in shaded area). Once that nice weather starts, I'm suspecting it will be harder morally. Things are starting to look a little promising. What weird times.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyK View Post
    Just my luck, I ventured into my first RV, an Imagine, 2 weeks before the virus/lockdown. It sits in my backyard, I move it from place to place to get used to backing it up, how pathetic. I feel like the only fool to have purchased just before. Brings up a warranty issue too. One year, no questions asked? How about if due to state/Federal law, you cant use that RV? How long will this last. Recreation.gov refunded all reservations, but if I am not mistaken, isnt GD taking small business loans from the Gov? Geigo and USAA are refunding money to people due to the fact that there are 90% less vehicles on the road, they are making billions. But what if it lasts 6 months? I just lose 6 months of warranty due to the inability to try it out? How about a year? Your thoughts?
    Don't feel foolish-You had no way of knowing that the virus would basically shut down everything and everybody. Re warranty-We have owned our Imagine just over two years and love it. We did have some warranty issues that ran past year one basically because we had such long waits to get into service. GD assured us that their main concern was that our rig was operating to our total satisfaction even if it took longer that one year from purchase. They did exactly that, and I am sure they will do the right thing regarding the time frame for warrantys on rigs that people can't currently use

Be Safe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shawncap View Post
    Go camping most KOA campgrounds are open with the exception of bathrooms and laundry
    Thats right... many private campgrounds are open & mostly empty. What better way to be socially distant? Your going to go grocery shopping anyway, so why not camping food? No need to interact with anyone at a gas station. No face to face with camp staff or using the bath house.
    Picked up our new 303 the 3rd week of Mar & have managed to have it out twice now. The 1st campground was less than half full & didn't have anyone either side of us. At the Gatlinburg KOA there were maybe 10 rigs in the whole place since the whole town was basically closed, so zero tourists. Point being there are ways to use our expensive toys while still being responsible. There's just nothing to do once you get set up at your site. ;-)
    Travel Safe,

Mike, Rhonda & Reuben the dog
    '20 Reflection 303RLS
    '20 F-250
    '98 Mustang GT Convertible
    Some other unimportant stuff

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    to Norfolk, VA
    Rob
    If you make over, give a shout. I think the USN Family Camp is at Dam Neck. We're right outside the main gate of Little Creek.
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    If you make over, give a shout. I think the USN Family Camp is at Dam Neck. We're right outside the main gate of Little Creek.
    Thanks for the invitation, but it doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere any time soon...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by froward View Post
    same here. bought our first truck and tt just in time for the lockdown. at least you can keep it in your yard. we live in the big city and have it at an rv resort we can't visit. plus i didn't realize rvs were 30 or 50 amp and bought a 30 amp surge protector before figuring out i need a 50. i left it in the trailer and now i can't even get to it to return it.
    Hang on to that - you may need it sometime... A lot of the camp grounds have 30 amp service and you will have to step down to it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    Hang on to that - you may need it sometime... A lot of the camp grounds have 30 amp service and you will have to step down to it.
    You can use a 50A surge protector on a 30A supply, but not the other way around. A 50A supply has two hot lines (4 wires). A 30A supply only has 1 hot line (3 wires).

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast