User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To do list almost done

Okay so my trailer has been at the dealer for a couple of weeks getting some things done that I've been wanting to do. Samsung fridge is in and it's pretty amazing, got down to -8 in freezer and 38 in fridge in 3 hours of towing and parking it etc...nice. Had the pinbox replaced with the MORryde one that comes on the new 20's, the rubber pad was shifting on the Rotoflex. GD covered it and I just paid the price difference, less than $100 bucks. Also a month ago I posted about the water filter housing leaking and the soft hose rubbing in the Nautilus cabinet. GD again covered it under warranty and the dealer re-plumbed it with pex hose, problem solved! And last but not least they installed my 2020 Ford trailer camera kit and TPS module, now I just need to buy the larger valve stems from Nichols and that will all be working. FYI those of you with 2020 Super Duties be sure and order the 2020 kit, it has the pigtail to plug into the new Pro Trailer backup assist yaw sensor. The camera, tire sensors, AND the yaw sensor all plug into the one 12 pin plug up in the bed, very slick and nice job Ford. The last thing on my bucket list is the MORryde IS and disc brakes within in next year...probably have to hold up a few liquor stores before I tackle that lol!! I kid I kid Here's some pics, they put the inverter switch for the fridge right by the fuse panel, the main switch panel had no room with the Onan switch panel installed. Also they were able to run the camera cable down the roof and into the satellite access hole, it was actually drilled and came out behind the front wall in the basement. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fridge done (2).jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	26645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inverter (2).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	26646Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pin box (2).jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	26647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pex (2).jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	26648
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops forgot the roof pic of the cable...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof (2).jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	26649 Can't believe how dirty that roof looks in the pic, it was just scrubbed a month ago! The MORryde pinbox was well worth the upgrade, it seems to tow even smoother especially on rough stretches on I-10. Nice
    Jeff

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The title of your thread concerned me until I opened it and started reading. The term "bucket list" is usually used for a list of things someone wants to do before they die - or "kick the bucket." "Punch list" or "to-do" list would have had me less worried about you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops Rob that's very true, I didn't even think of that! No I'm definitely still here and loving my Solitude but it and this forum will make me die poor somewhere down the line LOL !!! Maybe a moderator can change the thread title to "To do list almost done"
    Jeff

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Okay so my trailer has been at the dealer for a couple of weeks getting some things done that I've been wanting to do. Samsung fridge is in and it's pretty amazing, got down to -8 in freezer and 38 in fridge in 3 hours of towing and parking it etc...nice. Had the pinbox replaced with the MORryde one that comes on the new 20's, the rubber pad was shifting on the Rotoflex. GD covered it and I just paid the price difference, less than $100 bucks. Also a month ago I posted about the water filter housing leaking and the soft hose rubbing in the Nautilus cabinet. GD again covered it under warranty and the dealer re-plumbed it with pex hose, problem solved! And last but not least they installed my 2020 Ford trailer camera kit and TPS module, now I just need to buy the larger valve stems from Nichols and that will all be working. FYI those of you with 2020 Super Duties be sure and order the 2020 kit, it has the pigtail to plug into the new Pro Trailer backup assist yaw sensor. The camera, tire sensors, AND the yaw sensor all plug into the one 12 pin plug up in the bed, very slick and nice job Ford. The last thing on my bucket list is the MORryde IS and disc brakes within in next year...probably have to hold up a few liquor stores before I tackle that lol!! I kid I kid Here's some pics, they put the inverter switch for the fridge right by the fuse panel, the main switch panel had no room with the Onan switch panel installed. Also they were able to run the camera cable down the roof and into the satellite access hole, it was actually drilled and came out behind the front wall in the basement. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fridge done (2).jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	26645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inverter (2).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	26646Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pin box (2).jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	26647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pex (2).jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	26648
    Nicely done Jeff! We like our MorRyde pin box as well. Wow you did go big on your Ford! (From that GD Quality thread). Glad your bucket is still kicking!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you utilizing a DC / AC inverter to run the refrigerator while traveling? If so, what wattage?

Nice pics and write up on you new u/grades.

Gary

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha thanks Steve. Yes I'll be around a while ( knock wood lol) having too much fun with the truck and trailer. I do think it tows nicer with the Morryde box, I-10 between Seguin and San Antonio has a lot of construction and rough roads going on and it was definitely smoother towing that stretch with the Morryde. That's a great upgrade for anyone with the Rotoflex pin box.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FOWLERGK View Post
    Are you utilizing a DC / AC inverter to run the refrigerator while traveling? If so, what wattage?

Nice pics and write up on you new u/grades.

Gary
    Thank you and yes they installed the same 1000 watt inverter that the factory installs on residential fridge units. I think with two deep cycle batteries in the trailer, two in the truck and dual alternators I shouldn't have a problem towing all day with the fridge on battery power.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Okay so my trailer has been at the dealer for a couple of weeks getting some things done that I've been wanting to do. Samsung fridge is in and it's pretty amazing, got down to -8 in freezer and 38 in fridge in 3 hours of towing and parking it etc...nice. Had the pinbox replaced with the MORryde one that comes on the new 20's, the rubber pad was shifting on the Rotoflex. GD covered it and I just paid the price difference, less than $100 bucks. Also a month ago I posted about the water filter housing leaking and the soft hose rubbing in the Nautilus cabinet. GD again covered it under warranty and the dealer re-plumbed it with pex hose, problem solved! And last but not least they installed my 2020 Ford trailer camera kit and TPS module, now I just need to buy the larger valve stems from Nichols and that will all be working. FYI those of you with 2020 Super Duties be sure and order the 2020 kit, it has the pigtail to plug into the new Pro Trailer backup assist yaw sensor. The camera, tire sensors, AND the yaw sensor all plug into the one 12 pin plug up in the bed, very slick and nice job Ford. The last thing on my bucket list is the MORryde IS and disc brakes within in next year...probably have to hold up a few liquor stores before I tackle that lol!!
    For some people their bucket list would be things like, "take the trailer to Yellowstone", and "take the trailer to Key West", and "take the trailer to Alaska", and maybe "take Jennifer Lopez to Mexico".

Yer a lucky fella that you can have your bucket list completed with your dealer doing all the unpleasant work, but now what do you have to look forward to? "Replace worn floor in trailer"?

Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No of course not silly...my next item is " watch Jennifer Lopez replace floor while wearing a bikini in Mexico...duh!
    Believe me those take trailer on trips items are definitely on my list but I am still working 60-70 hour weeks for a few more years until I retire, then I'm burnin up the road and the Westlakes lol.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 05-21-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast