Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Water

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water

Why would water drip out of my pin box area.. we have plastic bag taped all around the pin box to keep birds out, and noticed the bag was dropping, so I removed one corner and had water pour out...any ideas where the water is coming from.. this happened after a down pour .

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model and year is your RV? Is there a washer/dryer prep up front? What were in inside and outside temperatures? Were you staying in the RV (sleeping at night) at the time? We need more info to start making informed guesses.

Many forum members put information about their RV and tow vehicle in a signature block (see mine below for an example). This avoids you having to repeat that information every time you ask a question.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 reflection 337 rls.. we r full timers . Yes on washer dryer prep.. temperature Outside today was 88 inside 72. Rained hard for 30 minutes. About 1 hour later I checked to see if any water was in the bag covering the pin box. Maybee 1/2 cup of water came out.. it’s been in the 80’s last few day.. we have been running the a/c on 70 to keep the humidity level in check..

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevandDeb View Post
    2017 reflection 337 rls.. we r full timers . Yes on washer dryer prep.. temperature Outside today was 88 inside 72. Rained hard for 30 minutes. About 1 hour later I checked to see if any water was in the bag covering the pin box. Maybee 1/2 cup of water came out.. it’s been in the 80’s last few day.. we have been running the a/c on 70 to keep the humidity level in check..
    OK... that sounds like too much water for condensation - and the weather is too warm. If you have water in the bag after rain and no water when it's not raining, the first thing I would do is get up on the roof and check the sealant between the top of the front cap and the roof. I found a good size gap there on our 2016 337 that required resealing.

Have you noticed any dampness or a smell inside the front closet? If you have water in the bag whether it's raining or not, I would next suspect the water lines/valves for the washer (should be on the right hand/curb side inside the closet). I'm heading off to bed now - and I doubt you want to get up on the roof after dark, anyway. I'll check back in the morning and see if you know anything further.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the seals. Be sure to use an appropriate roof sealant where the cap connects to the roof. Also caulk the edges of the cap where they meet the rest of the RV. On my old 5th wheel the horizontal seals toward the bottom of the cap began to lead when it rained and water pooled in the overhang near the pin box.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. The top caulking is ok , but we did find about 1 inch spot where caulking was not holding to the fiberglass, toward bottom of cap where the cap meets the rounded overhang ,, I will try to post a picture

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	776DE39F-92BA-481B-B048-4AEA8398C99F.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	26736Here is a picture of where I recaulked