User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just did first camp at friends farm with our new 2400BH

First experience sort of dry camping. We still had some of that pink antifreeze coming out from time to time. That stuff is nontoxic, right? Our dealer said they dewinterized but never took off the sticker in the sink. We didn’t really drink the water but did wash dishes, took showers and brushed teeth and I’m a nervous Nancy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewstain View Post
    First experience sort of dry camping. We still had some of that pink antifreeze coming out from time to time. That stuff is nontoxic, right? Our dealer said they dewinterized but never took off the sticker in the sink. We didn’t really drink the water but did wash dishes, took showers and brushed teeth and I’m a nervous Nancy.
    They probably just flushed the bare minimum. If your hot water from the heater is not foaming, they avoided getting the non toxic pink stuff in there. They may have just flushed using an outside water connection (city water setting). In that case, you’ll be getting anti freeze from your pump (small amount). They also probably didn’t flush the outside sprayer ports (or shower if your model has one). You are fine as long as you’re not consuming it. Before you go to dump, run water through all the hoses/plumbing.
    (not so nervous) Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    They probably just flushed the bare minimum. If your hot water from the heater is not foaming, they avoided getting the non toxic pink stuff in there. They may have just flushed using an outside water connection (city water setting). In that case, you’ll be getting anti freeze from your pump (small amount). They also probably didn’t flush the outside sprayer ports (or shower if your model has one). You are fine as long as you’re not consuming it. Before you go to dump, run water through all the hoses/plumbing.
    (not so nervous) Nancy
    I had run a lot through every faucet and port except the shower, still seemed a tiny bit foamy in the kitchen one, but then at one point over the weekend I got a glob of pink and was like...wha? Start freaking out that my kids have gotten antifreeze in their mouths, because I'm a car guy and that's like a BIG deal. So started looking it up, propylene glycol, not ethylene glycol, but still...old habits die hard, and don't want to assume. Figured it was probably ok.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I definitely wouldn't recommend drinking the pink stuff straight, you should be fine if you get a little in your system from time to time. If nothing else, it may aid in a little system cleansing, if you know what I mean
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3170BH
    Pulled via 2010 Ram 2500 Laramie Megacab

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewstain View Post
    RV type antifreeze is non-toxic but like someone said still not a good idea to consume it, and further still, some people with other health conditions can have a minor reaction to it. My wife can break out with a rash if she gets too much of it. Right after we first got our Solitude and after purging the system, we still had from time to time pink stuff or foaming water, a sure sign RV antifreeze is still in the system. Ours turned out to be the clothes washer water lines. Since we do not have a clothes washer, those lines are closed off at the valves. AF stayed in those lines and would leach back into the water system, once I purged the clothes washer lines the problem was solved.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    RV type antifreeze is non-toxic but like someone said still not a good idea to consume it, and further still, some people with other health conditions can have a minor reaction to it. My wife can break out with a rash if she gets too much of it. Right after we first got our Solitude and after purging the system, we still had from time to time pink stuff or foaming water, a sure sign RV antifreeze is still in the system. Ours turned out to be the clothes washer water lines. Since we do not have a clothes washer, those lines are closed off at the valves. AF stayed in those lines and would leach back into the water system, once I purged the clothes washer lines the problem was solved.
    I should have also included that the clothes washer water lines, if not used, can get stagnate water in them and the water becomes stinky! Its a good idea to purge those water lines from time to time if they are not used. I just have a short piece of hose that I connect to the shut off valves in the front closet, stick the hose in a bucket and purge the clothes washer hot and cold lines.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel