4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will This Truck Work for 320MKS?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	34779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	34780
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post

Our CCC is 3273 lbs. Between a full tank of diesel, DEF, tools, my wife, me, dogs, misc stuff, hitch, etc. I have about 2740 lbs. Left of CCC. My hitch weight of my 320MKS, with the washer and dryer, and fully loaded is 2700 lbs.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to figure out what truck this is, my current truck can tow 12500 and can put 4K on the truck. So this diesel is even less? Why would anyone buy a diesel when the gasser has a higher rating? How do I know the GCWR to check this vehicle against the ford towing guide?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the 320 MKS has a GVWR of 14,000 lbs (13,995), so if it is loaded all the way up to the GVWR, you are going to have at a minimum....2800 lbs of pin weight. If you use the GVWR number and multiply that times 22%....or maybe even more (25%), I think you'll find that you are pushing the payload capacity of the pictured truck's sticker rating, to very close to or at the max. And remember, that is just the pin weight of the trailer (if it's fully loaded), then you have to add up the weight of the hitch itself, passenger(s), maybe a toolbox in the bed of the truck, anything and everything that goes in/on the truck counts against the payload numbers. Is it possible to make that truck work for you and stay within the payload numbers.....yes....with some very, very careful planning and not loading up the trailer to near full GVWR. Not know you or your situation, it would be impossible to say yes or no on that....only you know how much stuff you need to take, how many passengers are usually in the truck, and whether or not you carry some of the stuff I mentioned...toolbox, firewood, extra fuel,....whatever.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Well, the 320 MKS has a GVWR of 14,000 lbs (13,995), so if it is loaded all the way up to the GVWR, you are going to have at a minimum....2800 lbs of pin weight. If you use the GVWR number and multiply that times 22%....or maybe even more (25%), I think you'll find that you are pushing the payload capacity of the pictured truck's sticker rating, to very close to or at the max. And remember, that is just the pin weight of the trailer (if it's fully loaded), then you have to add up the weight of the hitch itself, passenger(s), maybe a toolbox in the bed of the truck, anything and everything that goes in/on the truck counts against the payload numbers. Is it possible to make that truck work for you and stay within the payload numbers.....yes....with some very, very careful planning and not loading up the trailer to near full GVWR. Not know you or your situation, it would be impossible to say yes or no on that....only you know how much stuff you need to take, how many passengers are usually in the truck, and whether or not you carry some of the stuff I mentioned...toolbox, firewood, extra fuel,....whatever.

Can you tell me what the max 5th wheel rating is on that truck? I'm trying to find it on the towing thing. I don't plan on maxxing the TT at all, there's 2 of us and a small dog. Fromt he TT selector, It says this truck can only tow roughly 12K pounds, or am I wrong here?
    Last edited by EddieK82; 06-07-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Our CCC is 3273 lbs. Between a full tank of diesel, DEF, tools, my wife, me, dogs, misc stuff, hitch, etc. I have about 2740 lbs. Left of CCC. My hitch weight of my 320MKS, with the washer and dryer, and fully loaded is 2700 lbs.

Then you have a max 5th wheel of around 12K right? I'm looking at the towing selector and they all look kinda low. I'm looking at the same exact truck you have pretty much. This truck I"m looking at has 11500# package and 3.55 gears.
    Last edited by EddieK82; 06-07-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you have a max 5th wheel of around 12K right? I'm looking at the towing selector and they all look kinda low. I'm looking at the same exact truck you have pretty much. This truck I"m looking at has 11500# package and 3.55 gears.
    Same packages I have. Except mine is 4x4 and the Lariat trim package.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Same packages I have. Except mine is 4x4 and the Lariat trim package.

That's what this one is I'm looking at, but how do I find how much it can tow? Is it more than what I have now is what I'm trying to find out.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what this one is I'm looking at, but how do I find how much it can tow? Is it more than what I have now is what I'm trying to find out.
    Ah, okay, if that is the case, you should have a total towing capacity of 16K lbs. With the 11.5K lbs towing package. The 320MKS has a maximum GVRW of 13,995 lbs. You should be fine. I would recommend adding Air Lift Air bags to the rear suspension for a smoother ride.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell me what the max 5th wheel rating is on that truck? I'm trying to find it on the towing thing. I don't plan on maxxing the TT at all, there's 2 of us and a small dog. Fromt he TT selector, It says this truck can only tow roughly 12K pounds, or am I wrong here?
    Just curious.....why are you concerned with TT (Travel Trailer) ratings when the 320MKS is a fifth Wheel camping trailer. There is a whole different set of loading differences between the two, in the amount of weight that a TT vs. a 5ver puts down as weight on the truck.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast