User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Owner: Front Cap LEDs dead?

Forgive my ignorance. This is my first RV (2600RB) and I just got it Thursday. Last night, I went to take some 'beauty' shots for facebook and discovered that the LEDs on the front cap won't turn on neither side. They were on and working when we did the inspection. The guy had to work on the adhesive a little bit because a part was coming off, but we didn't recheck that they worked before leaving, just that they were stuck well.

The only switch I remember for those is the one on the driver's side in the storage bay. Is there another one somewhere? All the fuses are good and everything else in the coach seems to work.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Go easy on me, I'm learning.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Forgive my ignorance. This is my first RV (2600RB) and I just got it Thursday. Last night, I went to take some 'beauty' shots for facebook and discovered that the LEDs on the front cap won't turn on neither side. They were on and working when we did the inspection. The guy had to work on the adhesive a little bit because a part was coming off, but we didn't recheck that they worked before leaving, just that they were stuck well.

The only switch I remember for those is the one on the driver's side in the storage bay. Is there another one somewhere? All the fuses are good and everything else in the coach seems to work.

That switch in the storage compartment on the "street side" (I think that's the right RV term) is the only one for the front LEDs on my 315RLTS. Are the rest of the interior lights working? The reason I ask is because if the lights inside the trailer do NOT work maybe the battery disconnect switch was accidentally turned off?
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post

On my 297 the switch is on the street side as well in the storage bay. If everything else worked the re-application of adhesive should not have caused them not to work.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For our Imagine 2800BH the switch for the front exterior lights is on the street side (driver's side) of the front storage compartment as @TheGuy indicated.
    Last edited by jw^2 family; 01-27-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: correction to street side vs. curb side
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was afraid that was the only switch. I can't believe I haven't even had it 48 hours yet. Good times.

I'll check the battery disconnect, but everything else in the coach works as far as I can tell, so I don't think it's a fuse.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be a wire connection problem. One side of our lights don't work. After hearing what is involved to fix it, I just left it go.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked all fuses again and broke down and removed the switch from the wall. It turned out that one side of the harness had come off the switch. The switch has a smaller terminal than the wires were crimped with. This means the wires basically shook loose --not very impressive build quality on that one. At any rate, they work again and tomorrow I will go tighten the connector for a more permanent fix.

Thanks for the ideas.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't this trailer owning fun, Just wait it gets more funner.

Brian