User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Good to hear ! Not sure if you are taking your Imagine to GDRV and/or getting it when done but I would encourage you to spend a night in their campground when the RV is done just to ensure all things function and work correctly. If you run across anything needing attention, the techs are right there ready to address things right away. The good thing is that you are close to the factory but why possibly find something at home and then have to go back, fix yourself, or ?

We had a major water leak at our water panel and I saw it right as I turned the water on and turned the water off quickly, of course. I just called the office on my cell and a tech walked from the shop across the parking lot and fixed it W/I 10 minutes. He also found that the exterior shower had a small drip and replaced an "O" ring. He actually watched both leak areas for 10 minutes to ensure no further leaks......pretty impressed ! He came back later to do one more inspection before re-assembling the basement panels the next morning.

I shared with him that I was surprised that the did not catch the leak when the installed a new Kantleak panel. He said that they pressure test the water system but do not actually hook up a hose to the panel. This explains why some folks have found water leaks like ours or similar since the pressure test would not catch these leaks. Seems this is an area for improvement.

Next morning a knock on the door at 6AM checking to see if all things are working properly and no other issues. We found one shower door did not seem to slide correctly the previous night. He took his shoes off before coming into our 303......impressive ! A piece was missing and he replaced that. He said we saw that piece on another techs tool box wondering where it came from......now we know. I appreciated his honesty. He also adjusted the other similar door pieces to ensure that both doors were gtg.

Dan
    It's encouraging to hear all the good words about GDRV's techs and great results from factory repairs. My 315RLTS is at the factory as I type this having a double wall replacement. Should have it back early March. Wish I could be there to check it out when done but I'm over 2000 miles away.
    @Conversion02 - Good luck and keep us posted!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update

They pulled the wall off. Found delamination in numerous spots, will need to replace the wall and pull the slide and wall on said slide.

Also, they found a soft spot in the bedroom floor due to separation at the front cap and the rain gutter rail. Funny, because I specifically asked General RV about this when the unit was about 4 months old and was in for repair (just prior to winterization). I was told that was normal for that unit and it didn’t affect anything other than looks. The factory is replacing the floor in the bedroom and will be carpeting it, at no cost.

It appears they are at least considering the list of repairs I gave them, as most of the issues were repaired by General RV within the first year under warranty and have reoccurred. Some are manufacturing issues (slide window will not close without significant work, not heat from bathroom vent, awning leak due to poor craftsmanship, etc). We’ll see what actually gets fixed.

I have to say, the customer service and warranty program appears to be top notch compared to other manufacturers. However, I am not a fan of these large dealers in the least bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds messed up. I'm about to pick up my own Imagine and wonder if I made the right decision selecting Grand Design as a brand. Does anyone know why Grand Design doesn't use Azdel? It probably would make sense and prevent rot.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luke79 View Post
    This sounds messed up. I'm about to pick up my own Imagine and wonder if I made the right decision selecting Grand Design as a brand. Does anyone know why Grand Design doesn't use Azdel? It probably would make sense and prevent rot.
    I stopped at 1:05 when Josh the RV Nerd said, "It's 7 times more expensive than luan." There's your answer. (I'd never heard of azdel.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S86wb-yGEM
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I stopped at 1:05 when Josh the RV Nerd said, "It's 7 times more expensive than luan." There's your answer. (I'd never heard of azdel.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S86wb-yGEM
    I honestly doubt it's 7x more expensive. If it were such a big difference, Coachmen products would cost significantly more than Grand Design, but it's the opposite.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i assume checking your roof twice a year is the norm. As well i guess putting down Eternabond would be good preventive measure after year?

Dave

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update

Just picked up the trailer from the factory. Sidewall was replaced and during the replacement, some issues were encountered.

They found that where the front cap meets the gutter rail, it was pulling apart. I noticed this about 3 months after we bought it when we took it in to the dealer, and they said it was normal. Well, the factory disagreed and found that was the direct cause of two soft spots in the floor (one in the bedroom and one in front of the dining table. So, a partial floor replacement was performed and they carpeted the bedroom to ease the transition from the linoleum (which should have been done from the factory IMO - you may see that from now on, the guys at the factory apparently really liked the bedroom carpet).

In putting the slide back in, they tore a couple slide motor boots (?) so they replaced all the slide motors. They also replaced the furnace as when they tested it, the exhaust vents were covered and the exhaust tubes melted. They also fixed a few other minor issues.

Unfortunately they didn’t address the screw that’s backing out of the awning rail into the awning that the dealer has repeatedly gobbed up with silicone as a “fix” [emoji849]. When it rains I get a huge puddle in the middle of the awning. Also, they will send me an LED strip as many of mine are burnt out and a new shower skylight since the inside of mine has separated.

Either way, I couldn’t be happier with GD and their customer service. Excellent company that apparently stands by their products. When we decide to upgrade, I will certainly go for a reflection.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the sealant they used on the front and rear of the roof still feels almost tacky (it’s bright white, unlike the old stuff), so I didn’t want to put the cover on it until I was sure the sealant was fully cured.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversion02 View Post
    ...This thing has seemingly started to fall apart this year (less than 2.5 years old) and now I have very little confidence in GD products. I have friends with Forest River and Jayco products and have had zero issues in the 4 years they’ve owned them...
    I currently own a Forest River (Flagstaff V-lite) and have never had any zero issues with mine, but have had a few minor problems since new (not enough to sour me on FR products). One of my friends has a Jayco 5th Wheel (new last year) and has had several problems with it. Again, nothing to make him switch brands, but annoying just the same. All of the various brands and models can have problems... what makes a difference is the quality of dealer and (if necessary) factory support.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversion02 View Post
    Update

Just picked up the trailer from the factory. Sidewall was replaced and during the replacement, some issues were encountered.

They found that where the front cap meets the gutter rail, it was pulling apart. I noticed this about 3 months after we bought it when we took it in to the dealer, and they said it was normal. Well, the factory disagreed and found that was the direct cause of two soft spots in the floor (one in the bedroom and one in front of the dining table. So, a partial floor replacement was performed and they carpeted the bedroom to ease the transition from the linoleum (which should have been done from the factory IMO - you may see that from now on, the guys at the factory apparently really liked the bedroom carpet).

In putting the slide back in, they tore a couple slide motor boots (?) so they replaced all the slide motors. They also replaced the furnace as when they tested it, the exhaust vents were covered and the exhaust tubes melted. They also fixed a few other minor issues.

Unfortunately they didn’t address the screw that’s backing out of the awning rail into the awning that the dealer has repeatedly gobbed up with silicone as a “fix” [emoji849]. When it rains I get a huge puddle in the middle of the awning. Also, they will send me an LED strip as many of mine are burnt out and a new shower skylight since the inside of mine has separated.

Either way, I couldn’t be happier with GD and their customer service. Excellent company that apparently stands by their products. When we decide to upgrade, I will certainly go for a reflection.

I hate to ask, but assuming this is a new picture of the repaired rig, but is there a bubble looking area above the sticker next to the access door towards the window (vertical)? It could just be a reflection, but curious.
    Sorry - Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast