User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

greasing equa flex trouble

Anyone have trouble greasing equa flex system? I thought I might have a bad zerk fitting , bought some new ones and made sure grease went in the new one. I can't lub one of the 5 fittings. It looks dry . It doesn't look like any grease was ever in the fitting. Any thoughts? I guess I might have to get a new bolt for that spring bolt. That might be hard to change.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Duke, this is a very common issue. There are two things you can usually do to get the fitting to take grease.

1. Use a grease gun with 10,000 psi or more. Many automotive style grease guns are much less than 10k psi.

2. Take weight off of the fitting by jacking the trailer up by the frame. Once you've done this, it should take grease easily. Note: jacking up by the axle will not relieve the pressure.

If either of these solutions do not allow for grease to flow, you'll need to disassemble the suspension and perform maintenance.

Jim

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your 303 has the auto level I use this to take some weight off of the axels , if that does not help I extend the rear jack on the side I am working on a little more. To do this I usually put a couple wood blocks under the jack to help only lifting one side at a time. I also have wheel chocks in place on both sides and do not lift tire fully off of the ground.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I have a lucas grease gun that is supposed to deliver 10.000 lps . Manual extendable handle Also have the lockandlub fitting that is nice. I will try and take some weight off the suspension. I did make sure the zerk fitting is good. Thanks for your help.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well not looking good. I took most of the pressure off the spring and still no good luck. Looks like I need to replace the bolt . Now to find a part number.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    Well not looking good. I took most of the pressure off the spring and still no good luck. Looks like I need to replace the bolt . Now to find a part number.
    when you replace the bolt you will see the hole where the grease exits the bolt. Install the bolt so this hole is at 3 or 9 o'clock. This will help by keeping the weight of the rig off this exit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    Attached link to LCI with the wet bolt installation instructions. Click the link and go to the pdf. In the pdf document link are two part #s for the LCI wet bolts of which you can click on and go to the parts ordering page at LCI. Would suggest calling LCI to verify which one you need and cover other questions you may have:

https://www.lci1.com/search?search=w...ubmit=&id=2483

As Kim mentioned the 3 and 9 o'clock positioning is important to allow for grease flow when suspension has weight on it. In addition if you are not already aware, you cannot or s/n force turning these bolts as the ends have splines or groves to remain stationery at the correct positioning stated earlier. You remove the nut and drive the bolt out and drive the bolt in when installing.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 04-18-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may not have to replace the bolt, unless it is worn or bent. Remove the bolt , remove the grease fitting , get a drill bit that fits in the grease fitting end and clean out the hole , do the same for the side hole. When you reinstall the bolt make sure you get the "teeth" lined back up and position as @Chiefblueman suggested.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only need to replace the front top wet bolt that the spring is attached on the front axle. . Do I need to remove both wheels on that side of the trailer or just the front wheel. Thanks for all the help.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You'll need to remove both wheels, and then the shackle bolt before removing the spring bolt. Then insert the new spring bolt followed by the shackle bolt.

While you have these parts disassembled, check out the condition of the bushings. Don't be surprised if all of your bushings need replacing

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast