User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had one installed on our 2800BH before we drove off the lot. Really comes in handy when you have to back up.
    Wanda & Jim and Tedi Doodles
    2020 Reflection 337 rls
    2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    That being said, would you recommend getting one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would not entertain a "back up camera". I would absolutely recommend an"observation camera" which will stay on while driving. I would recommend wiring to a marker light to avoid the parasitic draw from the 12v battery when the unit is not hitched to the TV. When the vehicle parking lights/headlights are on, the camera is on.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion and it is only on when I manually turn on my lights. It is an observation camera on all the time the lights are on. I think peace of mind is well worth the expense.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the dealer install the camera when we bought our trailer. The best feature for us is the volume. One of us can stand behind and be heard with a normal speaking voice level and help to direct the driver when backing up. Also the screen only comes on when the headlights are on as others have mentioned.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceB View Post
    I have the Furrion and it is only on when I manually turn on my lights. It is an observation camera on all the time the lights are on. I think peace of mind is well worth the expense.
    Vince

Try turning on your fog lights if you have them , when I do this in my truck it turns on the trailer lights and they go off when I shut the truck down , I don't have to remember to turn off lights.
    This was mentioned on here somewhere but I do not remember where or who but was a good tip to pass on to others.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No power with mine once i plugged it in just now - i did notice that someone said on the 2019 when the lights are on the cam is.. i'll have to give that a try. I am assuming its the tow vehicle that they're talking about. I have a 2019 3170BH w/a 2016 Silverado 1500 w/tow package.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darinr View Post
    No power with mine once i plugged it in just now - i did notice that someone said on the 2019 when the lights are on the cam is.. i'll have to give that a try. I am assuming its the tow vehicle that they're talking about. I have a 2019 3170BH w/a 2016 Silverado 1500 w/tow package.
    Yes , some are wired to the marker lights , most are wired "on" all the time. If yours is wired to the marker lights you are lucky.

By the way welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Yes , some are wired to the marker lights , most are wired "on" all the time. If yours is wired to the marker lights you are lucky.

By the way welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us.

Brian
    Thanks! I went out quick and turned on the lights and sure enough it kicked in. Almost ready to hit the road, thanks for the reply!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    Just installed mine last weekend. ......which is not an issue because we always drive with at least parking lights on.

Cal
    Be careful about DRIVING with PARKING LIGHTS on. In some states that is illegal. Parking lights are for parking, hence the name.
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT 1500, CrewCab, 5.3L, 2wd.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coheeba, that is correct. Headlights on, camera on, Headlights off, camera off. The camera is prewired to the hot side of the headlights.
    Last edited by Schiefswret; 10-15-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast