User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use two Interstate lead acid’s also with the three stage oem converter and have never had issues with needed power for the lights, slide, etc. my suggestion would be to ditch the oem battery and go with two high quality batteries I’m switching to AGM’s as soon as feasible because I’m getting tired of removing the locking anti theft battery mechanism and adding water every 30 days. Good luck.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "... just the other day we wanted to get inside the 260RD and do something in the bedroom..so I needed the battery to get the slide out."

Just a side note, on my TT I can plug the trailer into my truck and run the slide and interior lights without the house battery in place.
    2020 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn 5.7L
    Timbren DR1500DQ
    Anderson WD Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of disconnecting battery cables and removing them I always used a marine grade battery disconnect/selector switch on my travel trailers. There are may variations of this switch, single on/off, etc... I installed the one in the link below on my last travel and it worked well for my dual battery setup, letting me isolate one battery to use while tailgating and having the second battery fully charged on reserve. Another option would be to rewire the factory installed battery switch to disconnect everything so there are no parasitic drains while in storage.

Blue Sea Systems m-Series Mini Selector Battery Switch - Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MMFJH0..._7yvrEb9KHR864

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull my batteries and trickle charge if the RV is in storage for months. If for a short while I cut the battery power with a cut off switch to avoid drain. The switch and 2 ft battery cable is required. About $20.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Instead of disconnecting battery cables and removing them I always used a marine grade battery disconnect/selector switch on my travel trailers. There are may variations of this switch, single on/off, etc... I installed the one in the link below on my last travel and it worked well for my dual battery setup, letting me isolate one battery to use while tailgating and having the second battery fully charged on reserve. Another option would be to rewire the factory installed battery switch to disconnect everything so there are no parasitic drains while in storage.

Blue Sea Systems m-Series Mini Selector Battery Switch - Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MMFJH0..._7yvrEb9KHR864
    Welcome Sparky, from an IBEW (ret) brother! I went the route of rewiring the factory switch, pretty simple process on my 315. Breakaway switch is always hot. Stabilizers and tongue jack not operational unless switch is on, a little security measure and a reminder to switch on. Downside, I have to reprogram the clock in the Furrion radio. I can live with that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    My wife and I have been camping for over fifty years. From tenting to 5th wheel 2020 Reflection which we purchased the last day of Oct. We have had travel trailers and one prior fifth wheel. It has been my practice all these years to pull the battery out of the RV upon our return from any trip and keep it in a case on a carpet in the garage, with a slow charger hook up once a month. Then I would haul the battery back and put it back in my RV just before a new trip. Well..getting a little older and don't have the back I used to have, just the other day we wanted to get inside the 260RD and do something in the bedroom..so I needed the battery to get the slide out.

This time I left the battery in the RV..turned off the master switch and even unhooked the positive post from the battery. My wife is concerned..and to be honest, I have no idea of the battery life before recharging is needed. We live about an hour south of Raleigh NC and our winter temps are at the lowest..in the 30's with possible a day or two below 30.

So my question is...how long will this battery hold a viable charge before I need to pull it out and recharge it on a trickle charger? My truck has a 120 electric outlet, so I could hook up the charger and let it run for X period of time or pull the battery and return it to the garage. Open to input from those who have not practiced pulling the battery after each trip like I have.

Thanks
    For 25 years we had boats and every year we did the exact same thing. Fully charge the batteries and then disconnect the grounds on each. We always left them in the boat over the winter our season ended the second week in October and started the first week in May. We never had a battery failure because they sat in the cold over the winter. On our 2450RL I turn the battery switch off between trips and disconnect the battery and bring it home for the winter. The only reason I do that is because some things go missing over the winter at our storage yard. I do fully charge the battery at home and put it on my work bench for the winter, I won't charge it till the spring when it goes back in the trailer but I know that it will be fine, my boats always started in the spring without charging them.

By the way you always disconnect the negative first on a battery not the positive.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of AGM's do you have?
    Are they very expensive?
    Any recommendations?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 4- golf cart ( 6 volt ) - 440 ah Lifeline AGM
    Golf cart have thicker plates and more cycles generally, plus individually lighter than a group 31
    Use a three stage charger.
    Cost $295 each.
    You can get cheaper brands. I use the same in my 35 foot sailboat. Lasts over 10 years. Pays for the expensive cost by its longevity. Lifelines have 5 year warranties.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use trickle charger hooked up to battery in camper. Most come with quick connect adapter to make it easy to hook up and unhook from charger. This keeps battery fully charged without risk of over charging battery. Walmart sells several types along with all auto parts stores - don't go cheap, get good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK - Have me thinking, I think I'm OK, but now have me thinking... We are Full Time parked weekenders with our Reflection purchased 2/2020. We are 100% connected to shore power. When we leave, I pull in the main slide out, have slide awnings on the other 2. We leave the fridge running on dual, leave the gas on etc. Turn the water off, pack up & go. We will not return for for a couple months, winterized, shut off the fridge, gas etc. pulled in all the slides but left the shore power connected & Batt switch on. Like my boat batts, which are always on a trickle charger when not in use, I am assuming this is not an issue for the 2 months we will not use the camper? The batt is what came with the camper, Lead Acid?? I have added water a couple times over the summer season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast