User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happygeo View Post
    Hi everyone. I am very excited because I found and fixed the issue!!! Basically my assumption was correct and grand design finally sent me a doc that helped. This fix is for anyone with an onboard generator. Basically the generator is neutral bonded to the ground. The rest of the camper is not. The automatic transfer switch which is behind the breaker panel ties all the neutrals together which creates the ground fault. The simple fix from the factory is to separate the neutrals in the transfer switch and tada. Problem solved. I'll try and upload their solution document here.
    That's great if you have a generator but some of us experiencing this problem do not have a generator. I do have an alternate socket site which is not a GFCI. Tomorrow I'm going to switch over to the non GFCI circuit. I do have a surge protector in line. Will just have to be careful and make sure the circuit is cut off at the breaker before plugging and unplugging (but you should do that anyway.)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Glad you found the issue and fixed it. Unfortunately, your "instructions" are fairly foreign to me considering I have no idea where all those connections are located. I don't even know what the heck a "wago" connector is. BUT, I think this will be a good job for the service techs at our dealership when it goes in for service next month. I'll add this issue to the growing list.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikTheRed View Post
    Awesome! Glad you found the issue and fixed it. Unfortunately, your "instructions" are fairly foreign to me considering I have no idea where all those connections are located. I don't even know what the heck a "wago" connector is. BUT, I think this will be a good job for the service techs at our dealership when it goes in for service next month. I'll add this issue to the growing list.
    https://www.wago.com/us/c/wire-splicing-connectors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have heard back from GD about this and confirm the same problem/solution as mentioned. One more thing for the dealer to fix when I take it in. Thanks.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have now plugged it into a non GFCI circuit. Doesn't solve my non generator mystery but it does solve the problem.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the fix. Got ours done. Steve 623-910-1745

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much! I got our new rig fixed last Sunday. Was exactly what you said. Steve Haines 623-910-1745

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaines1959 View Post
    Thank you very much! I got our new rig fixed last Sunday. Was exactly what you said. Steve Haines 623-910-1745
    Awesome! Glad to hear it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I am having the same issue with my momentum 29g. Can you email me or text me the issue fix instructions? [email protected]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with a 2019 Momentum 21G, we found that disconnecting the generator in the ATS prevents the circuit from blowing. I would like to do a permanent fix by seperating the ground and neutral wires as you suggested, is there any way to get a drawing that will show me how to do this. Thanks very much, any help is greatly appreciated.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast