User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I think everyone is getting overly sensitive from being inside far to long and having covid shoved down their throats at every turn. It's time to get outside and go camping. Not being able to is making people cranky. We all need a dose of fun!
    That really sums up my feelings and probably others here as well. Well said Gary, you have a tough job and we appreciate your volunteerism. We will all get through this and back to the hobby we love.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    That really sums up my feelings and probably others here as well. Well said Marcy, you have a tough job and we appreciate your volunteerism. We will all get through this and back to the hobby we love.
    I will second what Jeff said. Copy @WhittleBurner and thank you to all the moderators!

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    A take on all of the above from a retired health care professional (Army critical care nurse with a masters' degree): Of the causes of death in Jeff's original post, only one is a communicable disease (though the argument could be made that, with the high rate of involvement of alcohol and drugs in motor vehicle fatalities, the actions of the abusers affect the lives of others). None of the above, except the COVID-19, involve infection, transmission, immunity - herd nor individual, vaccination, etc. The sequelae of obesity - cardiovascular disease (to include stroke and heart attack), kidney disease, and other disorders - are often the results of lifestyle choices. Although poor choices that may result in the individual's illness and death, they don't affect the individual's next-door neighbor, coworkers, or others with whom they come into contact in the community. This cannot be said for a highly contagious virus with significant rates of morbidity and mortality (there's a difference in the two).

This said, I understand the economic and personal side of it, too. In our family, my wife and I only have two siblings who are not yet retired and they are both able to work from home. Among our children, one has lost her job completely and the husband of another has had his flight hours with a major airline cut back to about 1/4 his normal with a corresponding cut in pay. Even if we were able to travel to Richmond to visit my 89 y.o. mother-in-law, we would not be allowed into the retirement community.

Laura and I are extremely fortunate to be able to isolate ourselves and not worry about an income. We are wearing masks (and gloves where appropriate), picking up our groceries at curbside, and wiping everything down that comes into the rig. We understand that this is a rare privilege in total.

The bottom line is that this whole situation absolutely sucks for everyone - but worse for some than others. The guidance from John and Kathy's son's employer is sound, if not terrifying. It frightens me, though - and this is not aimed at you, Jeff, though none of the numbers you posted are the same fruit - when "numbers" (and that's all they are out of context is numbers) for mortality (deaths) or morbidity (illness) from communicable diseases such as the current pandemic are compared to other causes of death. COVID-19 is not even in the same galaxy as the other causes of death mentioned and there is no logic in trying to tie them together.

Rant over.

Rob
    Rob,

I’m married to a retired RN/BSN. She trained Bellevue Hospital, worked as a Civilian Air-Force ER Nurse, Critical Care, Unit Supervisor and eventually retired from VA.

You hit the nail in the head. We also are fortunate economically not having to worry about income and we can easily isolate ourselves at our remote country vacation cabin. Our food restocking is Walmart online with curbside pickup. They now won’t let you get out of the car/truck and require you keep your windows closed.

This pandemic is the real crappy deal, more crappy for some than others. So far I had one friend who died from the virus. Another friend was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I can’t visit him. Another otherwise healthy 73 y/o friend just died from a heart attack and no funeral. My next door neighbor is undergoing chemo for a Glioblastoma and he doesn’t understand that he needs to be away from people. My 94 y/o mother is in a senior living facility and she doesn’t understand why the family doesn’t visit any more.

My daughter and Son-In-Law recently expanded their small business to include becoming a manufacture of small boats. The virus struck right after they received their first 2 boat hulls from China and their big debut was supposed to be last week at the Suncoast boat show. https://www.suncoastboatshow.com/en/home.html

My favorite college course was Statistical methods and Quantitative Analysis. In business, as a Green Belt Six Sigma, I ran several projects where DMAIC statistical tools were used. THIS VIRUS IS DIFFERENT AND SCARY. Statistics or not.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 04-24-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really sums up my feelings and probably others here as well. Well said Gary, you have a tough job and we appreciate your volunteerism. We will all get through this and back to the hobby we love.

It is Marcy, Red text is Marcy. Black text is Gary

And yes we will all get through this, I'm just happy I have more than one hobby. If I did not carve or sew or have 2 puppies to train I'd be an even bigger lunatic. Getting 2 puppies at once is proof enough I'm at least a little crazy ... but Gary does have a tough job..he lives with me

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing how much heat is caused by posting a set of possibly related or possibly unrelated numbers next to each other with no narrative. Wanting to ban data is like getting angry at the Rorschach test.

Some folks need to separate the emotional from the rational parts of your brains and chill out.

Ultimately, my opinion is that we need to take reasonable precautions and go back to work. You are welcome to your opinions.

Opinions are not dangerous. Suppression of opinions is.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yes we will all get through this, I'm just happy I have more than one hobby. If I did not carve or sew or have 2 puppies to train I'd be an even bigger lunatic. Getting 2 puppies at once is proof enough I'm at least a little crazy ... but Gary does have a tough job..he lives with me

We did our 2 pups same time just 8 weeks apart Remi is the boy (Black) Sage the girl ... training 2 at same time is a lot of overtime ... they are 3 now and love to go camping . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191124_152120 (2).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	26176Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200415_070552.jpg 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	26177
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha oops! I remember the red text now. Well what I posted definitely applies to BOTH both of you!!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    We did our 2 pups same time just 8 weeks apart Remi is the boy (Black) Sage the girl ... training 2 at same time is a lot of overtime ... they are 3 now and love to go camping . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191124_152120 (2).jpg 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	26176Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200415_070552.jpg 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	26177
    They look to be a good pair to hang with. I'm at one dog now an Irish Setter I named Cairenn. It translates from Gaelic as little friend.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191030_094942070.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	26178
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 04-25-2020 at 02:57 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was Marcy her posts are in red and mine are in black.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was Marcy her posts are in red and mine are in black.
    Haha I know, I've already been group scolded! My apologies to you both and we all do appreciate your efforts to keep us hooligans in line lol.
    Jeff

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast