User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have any length issues when the slideout was in?
    G and J
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G and J View Post
    Did you have any length issues when the slideout was in?
    No, the mattress is the same length. The only issues are wrestling with the mattress to get to the storage (still have to replace the hydraulic arms or reinforce them). Also, when the bed is raised to get to the storage it tends to creep away from the wall. Fran and I have to push it back (only about an inch or so).
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up! I need to go look at my headboard, I may need to do the same thing!
    Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this. 17 297 Reflection. We had replaced our mattress with a Dynasty when we bought 2 years and because of headboard it would not go all the way against the wall. 5 minutes and it does now ! Thanks. I was surprised how long a screw they used but all good.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I found the headboard is held on the wall by screws hidden by small caps. After unscrewing the headboard from the wall I tucked the upper left and right corners of the headboard between the wall and curtain frame. I then was able to move it high enough to provide enough clearance for the head of the new mattress to sit flush against the wall and make it easy to tuck in sheets, etc. The headboard looks properly centered, too.
    I know this is an old thread, but didn't think it was worth starting a new one.

Did you screw the headboard back to the wall?

Any advice on re-mounting the headboard?
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my case, I did not. I am a big guy and I was trying to gain some additional space at the foot of the bed. I removed the headboard, wrapped it up and stored it in my attic. This allowed to move the mattress about 4" closer to the head of the bed. I then trimmed the flat board the mattress sets on to match the new mattress location. Although it only gave me a few inches, it makes a huge difference and makes it easier to get dressed in the morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thornhill View Post
    In my case, I did not. I am a big guy and I was trying to gain some additional space at the foot of the bed. I removed the headboard, wrapped it up and stored it in my attic. This allowed to move the mattress about 4" closer to the head of the bed. I then trimmed the flat board the mattress sets on to match the new mattress location. Although it only gave me a few inches, it makes a huge difference and makes it easier to get dressed in the morning.
    I'm not sure what rig you have (you don't have a signature) but on ours the padded headboard is at most 2" thick.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, mine was that thick as well. I have a 2015 29rs. Also, the front wall on my trailer has a curve to it, so between the thick headboard and the curve, I was able to gain quite a bit of extra space. I'm working on the signature. For some reason the forum deletes mine every few months, and now when I try to add it back, there is no "Insert Image" icon. I have contacted the forum for assistance.
    Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thornhill View Post
    Also, the front wall on my trailer has a curve to it, so between the thick headboard and the curve, I was able to gain quite a bit of extra space.
    Thanks.

Our headboard is on a flat wall so we won't get that much space back. But currently the new mattress really jams against the wardrobe when the slide is in and I would like to ease that up at least a bit.

How easy was it to remove the headboard? The OP refers to covers over the screws - did all of the dimples in the headboard have screws behind them? And how did you remove the caps?

I know I can simply try to get them off, but with my luck I would break them.

Thanks
    John & Cheryl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my headboard, there were screws behind each cap. The caps were easy to pry off, but of course be careful. I think I just used a flat head screwdriver. Mine were phillips screws about 2" long, just backed them out with a drill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast