User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: DEF Fluid

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spencers45 View Post
    I have a 2016 Ram.2500 my DEF pump has gone bad twice. When this happened my DEF dashboard gauge always read full. First replacement was covered by the truck warranty. This second time (just recently) the ram dealership said the pump had corroded and it's probably not going to be covered by my extended warranty and going to cost me about $3000 to fix. Very upsetting.
    Might want to see if you can find a recommended private shop. The pump is ~$1200 new and R&R is 4 hours plus what it takes to drain the DEF tank. Question: do you run your truck long distance regularly or a lot of short trips?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Might want to see if you can find a recommended private shop. The pump is ~$1200 new and R&R is 4 hours plus what it takes to drain the DEF tank. Question: do you run your truck long distance regularly or a lot of short trips?
    Its a mixture of both but mainly shorter trips. I drive about 25-30k miles a year

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a mixture of both but mainly shorter trips. I drive about 25-30k miles a year
    Alright, so no clear culprit there... Stale DEF is hard on the pump too. Any chance after the first replacement they didn't flush the tank before putting it back together? Contamination will substantially reduce the life. In any event, it's a tough hit to the wallet!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I will not use the truck lanes for several reasons. One it aggravates the he-- out of me to have to go in the building twice and stand in line to get my gas. Another is the pump handles and ground are always covered with diesel fuel, then you have to put up with the smell for quite a ways afterwards. The biggest one is having to leave my card with the clerk while I go out to pump. The last time I did that, while heading home this year my card was compromised. That same day bogus charges started showing up. Took a lot of time and energy to get that cleared up.
    All the more reason to get a trucker card like Gas Buddy or one of those.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    I have thought of getting the EFS card by TSD Logistics and it certainly represents a healthy savings in fuel, but have been reluctant to since as I understand the logistics the card rather than a credit card, it is attached directly to your bank account. In the event of their system being hacked or some other sort of fraud, ones bank account could be drained. As a matter of practice, we only use our debit card when needing cash say at a grocery store.

I agree with you entirely. I thought the same thing you mentioned about the 6-jugs with open sealed covers, but did not want to take chances.
    Easy just set up a bank account for this purpose only.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I will not use the truck lanes for several reasons. One it aggravates the he-- out of me to have to go in the building twice and stand in line to get my gas. Another is the pump handles and ground are always covered with diesel fuel, then you have to put up with the smell for quite a ways afterwards. The biggest one is having to leave my card with the clerk while I go out to pump. The last time I did that, while heading home this year my card was compromised. That same day bogus charges started showing up. Took a lot of time and energy to get that cleared up.
    Get the TSD Logistics card. Problem solved, and cheaper too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 Ram.2500 my DEF pump has gone bad twice. When this happened my DEF dashboard gauge always read full. First replacement was covered by the truck warranty. This second time (just recently) the ram dealership said the pump had corroded and it's probably not going to be covered by my extended warranty and going to cost me about $3000 to fix. Very upsetting.
    I would honestly just do a complete delete on that truck with a mild towing tune. More power, better mpg, and it will be reliable with less things to worry about once again.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new at DEF, it is just simple, when I hit half tank on my RAM I pick up Super Tech DEF Diesel Exhaust Fluid, 2.5 Gallon, fresh off shelf add. As far a gas, I do not go anywhere there is no pay at pump. Any where I go I get in out front just fine.
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentService View Post
    Am I the only one who has a problem with the box leaking every time I fill up with DEF? If so, what is your secret?
    Turn the spout side upside down. Almost completely eliminated leaking for me!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DEF is a nuisance but it helps the environment. Buy your DEF at Walmart or Costco...or anywhere else on sale, just make sure it is fresh. Avoid getting it on your paint. Here is a good video to watch before you buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgwmaAqAXwA
    2020 Solitude S 2930rl
    2017 GMC Denali HD 3500 6.5' Bed
    B&W turnover ball
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast