User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to replace water heater check valve Reflection 337

I need to replace the check valve in the water heater for a Reflection 337. How do I access the backside of the heater? Behind the wall in the storage? In the bathroom?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leeker1 View Post
    I need to replace the check valve in the water heater for a Reflection 337. How do I access the backside of the heater? Behind the wall in the storage? In the bathroom?
    Behind the wall in passthru storage.
    This thread is for a 337 showing some photos with the wall down
    Can see the water heater next to the furnace.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...sement-Storage
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We think our check valve needs replacing as having the hot water coming from all, in a trickle most of the time. I don't see how I could get to it with the furnace ductwork directly in front of the area I'd need to get to! Were you able to do this yourself? Also wondering if maybe the problem is calcium or other build up around the valve and wondering if doing a thorough cleaning, with vinegar, overnight, might get it working again?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    We think our check valve needs replacing as having the hot water coming from all, in a trickle most of the time. I don't see how I could get to it with the furnace ductwork directly in front of the area I'd need to get to! Were you able to do this yourself? Also wondering if maybe the problem is calcium or other build up around the valve and wondering if doing a thorough cleaning, with vinegar, overnight, might get it working again?
    Have you checked you outside faucets to be sure they are both closed. If open they can allow hot water to mix with the cold.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Have you checked you outside faucets to be sure they are both closed. If open they can allow hot water to mix with the cold.
    We do not have outside faucets...all valves on our Nautilus are good also . We have been living full time in our 2016 Reflections 337RLS for 18 months now with no hot water issues until now. Pretty sure it is either sediment around the check valve or the check valve has broken. We are gonna try a vinegar cleaning of the water heater, with heat, overnight to see if that will help. Neither I nor my husband want to wiggle through the duct work and wires we see behind the wall in storage. And even if we could get back there, not sure exactly what we would encounter trying to find/replace the check valve. Wish someone who has done this might explain! I guess if the vinegar does not work, we will just have to call an RV tech for help!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Further to my post on this, I PM'd Leeker1 above last night, and he responded, and I read AFTER I posted my info below. He said: "I had a mobile tech replace the check valve. It was very difficult for him to reach. After he got in position, it only took 5 minutes to change. Mine was made of plastic and soaking wouldn’t have helped. It was cracked. He replaced it with a brass valve. If it ever happened again I wouldn’t attempt to try to squeeze into that spot to change it."

I thought I read somewhere that the Atwood Water Heater is aluminum and not to put brass as could interact with it? I have read SO much over the last several days on the water heater and do not know where I read it, or if it is correct!!