User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love Navy Nukes

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeboyt View Post
    I'm a new owner of an 337RLS and new to Grand Design. I am a retired Reactor Operator & Instructor. I really wanted to have a flow diagram that shows the relationship between the different valves. I searched all over the internet and was not able to find one. So I decided to create one myself. I cannot (of course) guarantee the accuracy of the flow diagram, but it seems to make sense, based on the front and back valve arrangements and the photos available at the BendBmolders website

Here is the PDF document. I hope others find it useful. If you find any mistakes, drop me a note at (username@)hotmail.com

Nautilus P1 Flow Diagrams
    I'm so glad you did this, I was about to, since the bonnet blew off the blue valve last night and Ima gonna hafta bypass it to use the camper this weekend. You just saved me a chunk of time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank for the diagram. I've been looking for this.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to flush my Atwood hot water heater with vinegar, hoping to dislodge sediment/calcium. Thought I had to do it directly to the hot water heater...but do not see how that can be done. Re the Nautilus P1, would I be able to change the white, blue, black, red or green valves in some order so I can only add the vinegar to the hot water heater, via the City Water Connection? I love the flow chart, but don't quite understand what valves to turn in what direction. Thank you!

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    I may not understand the concept but when I set the Nautilus P1 to winterize water still flows to the hot water tank.
    You need to also set the Nautilus to "Bypass" (bypasses the Hot Water Tank).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    I want to flush my Atwood hot water heater with vinegar, hoping to dislodge sediment/calcium. Thought I had to do it directly to the hot water heater...but do not see how that can be done. Re the Nautilus P1, would I be able to change the white, blue, black, red or green valves in some order so I can only add the vinegar to the hot water heater, via the City Water Connection? I love the flow chart, but don't quite understand what valves to turn in what direction. Thank you!
    First, I would drain my Hot Water Tank. Next, I would remove the filter (inside the Nautilus) and fill the housing with Vinegar and then, with the system pressurized, i would open the Hot Water valve in the coiled hose faucet (at the top of the Nautilus) until all the air is out of the hot water line. This will fill your Hot Water Tank with the vinegar from inside the filter housing. Let the Vinegar set and drain the Hot water Tank.

Afterwards, flush your system, the vinegar will not harm the parts of the system it goes through on it's way to the Hot Water Tank (besides, it will immediately get flushed with the water needed to fill the tank).
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I've modified the drawings to show a check valve in the logical place. When I winterize this fall I'll verify it's there by verifying no back-flow.
    Great Work, Thank you.

Might I make a couple of suggestions to improve readability...

Could you label the Water Pump, I was not familiar with this symbol. Also, could you indicate flow direction for the Water Pump.

Could you show the position of the various valves in a legend on the right side for each operation (the positions are a little hard to see behind the arrows).

Again, thanks for all your hard work.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Great Work, Thank you.

Could you label the Water Pump, I was not familiar with this symbol. Also, could you indicate flow direction for the Water Pump.

Could you show the position of the various valves in a legend on the right side for each operation (the positions are a little hard to see behind the arrows).

Not to show your lack of familiarity but the pump symbol is pretty much a standard indication on any P&ID or flow diagram. The pump flow is indicated by where the lines intersect the symbol. For the lay person it could be perplexing.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I would drain my Hot Water Tank. Next, I would remove the filter (inside the Nautilus) and fill the housing with Vinegar and then, with the system pressurized, i would open the Hot Water valve in the coiled hose faucet (at the top of the Nautilus) until all the air is out of the hot water line. This will fill your Hot Water Tank with the vinegar from inside the filter housing. Let the Vinegar set and drain the Hot water Tank.

Afterwards, flush your system, the vinegar will not harm the parts of the system it goes through on it's way to the Hot Water Tank (besides, it will immediately get flushed with the water needed to fill the tank).
    Thank you for your answer. Not sure what the filter is you are referring to that should be removed in the Nautilus, and what housing I would be filling with vinegar.

I contacted Nautilus directly to ask them their suggestion and this is what they said...basically to fill the fresh water tank and then divert the water over to the water heater using the Sanitize and Dry Camping modes on the Nautilus:

1. Turn off electric/propane to water heater and allow to cool.
    2. Drain fresh tank and water heater. Keep tnp valve open on water heater
    3. Relieve pressure from the Nautilus system by depressing the spigot (located at the top of the Nautilus panel between the hot and cold water - water will squirt out) OR by opening up a water faucet inside camper.
    4. Turn Nautilus valves into Sanitize mode
    5. Add about 10 gallons of water/vinegar solution to fresh water tank via City Water Connection.
    6. Turn Nautilus valves to Dry Camping mode
    7. Open hot water all the way on the Nautilus panel...this should now take the vinegar solution from the fresh water tank to the water heater.
    8. When water/vinegar solution comes out the tnp valve on water heater, shut off pump and close tnp valve. Water heater should be full of solution.
    9. Turn on electric/propane so solution heats up in water heater. Leave overnight.
    10. Next morning, turn OFF the electric/propane water heater inside RV (MANY THANKS COCHRIS for this important step I missed!)
    11. With heatproof/waterproof gloves, drain water heater.

I have NOT tried this yet, but hoping this will work. If it does work, I will post it for everyone to consider!
    Last edited by terryannbautz; 01-17-2020 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Missed an important step that could cause water heater to fail. Thanks to member CoChris for correcting!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Work, Thank you.

Here is a link to an updated version with the changes you requested. I am unable to replace the original file on Dropbox without breaking the link in the OP. If someone knows how to do that, it would be appreciated
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Bighorn; Cummins 6.7.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to an updated version with the changes you requested.
    As we always used to say.....highly nuclear
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 01-16-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast