User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Not to show your lack of familiarity but the pump symbol is pretty much a standard indication on any P&ID or flow diagram. The pump flow is indicated by where the lines intersect the symbol. For the lay person it could be perplexing.
    P&ID caught my eye, had me looking thru Lessons In Industrial Instrumentation PDF > Instrumentation documents section.
    That book would have been a nice reference guide to have when I used to work on that kind of equipment.
    Last edited by gbkims; 01-16-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    P&ID caught my eye, had me looking thru Lessons In Industrial Instrumentation PDF > Instrumentation documents section.
    That would have been a nice to have when I used to work on that kind of equipment.
    P&ID is the bible, as one of my favorite project engineers used to say.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    Thank you for your answer. Not sure what the filter is you are referring to that should be removed in the Nautilus, and what housing I would be filling with vinegar.

I contacted Nautilus directly to ask them their suggestion and this is what they said...basically to fill the fresh water tank and then divert the water over to the water heater using the Sanitize and Dry Camping modes on the Nautilus:

1. Turn off electric/propane to water heater and allow to cool.
    2. Drain fresh tank and water heater. Keep tnp valve open on water heater
    2. Relieve pressure from the Nautilus system by depressing the spigot (located at the top of the Nautilus panel between the hot and cold water - water will squirt out) OR by opening up a water faucet inside camper.
    3. Turn Nautilus valves into Sanitize mode
    4. Add about 10 gallons of water/vinegar solution to fresh water tank via City Water Connection.
    5. Turn Nautilus valves to Dry Camping mode
    6. Open hot water all the way on the Nautilus panel...this should now take the vinegar solution from the fresh water tank to the water heater.
    7. When water/vinegar solution comes out the tnp valve on water heater, shut off pump and close tnp valve. Water heater should be full of solution.
    8. Turn on electric/propane so solution heats up in water heater. Leave overnight.
    9. Next morning, with heatproof/waterproof gloves, drain water heater.

I have NOT tried this yet, but hoping this will work. If it does work, I will post it for everyone to consider!
    One (in my opinion) critical missing step is between steps 8 and 9 is turn OFF the water heater before draining it. Running it for even a short time without water will burn out the element and/or damage the tank.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    Thank you for your answer. Not sure what the filter is you are referring to that should be removed in the Nautilus, and what housing I would be filling with vinegar.
    I was referring to the water filter (and filter housing) that is located inside the Nautilus compartment (seen in lower left portion in the photo below). I thought Grand Design included the water filter with all the Nautilus systems. If you do not have the Water Filter feature, then I am sorry and my method would not work for you. Maybe this method will work for others that do have the Water Filter installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nautulis Photo.jpg  
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    One (in my opinion) critical missing step is between steps 8 and 9 is turn OFF the water heater before draining it. Running it for even a short time without water will burn out the element and/or damage the tank.

Chris
    YES!! Thank you Chris for your feedback. Love this forum!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I was referring to the water filter (and filter housing) that is located inside the Nautilus compartment (seen in lower left portion in the photo below). I thought Grand Design included the water filter with all the Nautilus systems. If you do not have the Water Filter feature, then I am sorry and my method would not work for you. Maybe this method will work for others that do have the Water Filter installed.
    Nope, do not have this in my 2016 Reflections 337RLS Fifth Wheel. Appreciate your response though; love this forum, it is SO helpful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234