User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First GD trailer

Hi, I'm new here and hope to gain from the collective experience of the forum members. I recently purchased a slightly used 2019 Reflection 315 RLTS....which I already love. But as many used products. there usually seems to be some issues. So; here goes my questions from others with the same model. #1 : What exactly is that strange valve handle below and to the left of the water management panel ? The local GD dealer gave me a really vague answer. He "believed" that it represented the dump valve for an aux grey water tank but couldn't explain where this tank was or what waste water was put into it....or which of the two outside grey water dump valves dumped it.
    #2 : What does the 315 RLTS actually mean?? 315?? RLTS??
    #3 : Last but not least....I was told this was a 36 foot trailer but it measures much longer than that. Also, the dry weight seems to be a puzzle to this same dealer...guess I'll just ave to weigh it.
    Thanks in advance for your help and advice, Chuck

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 that valve is for the washing machine grey tank
    #2 315 not sure, RLTS= rear living triple slide
    #3 it's 37'-11" dry weight about 9000lbs - 9500lbs
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    #1 that valve is for the washing machine grey tank
    #2 315 not sure, RLTS= rear living triple slide
    #3 it's 37'-11" dry weight about 9000lbs - 9500lbs
    Many thanks for your speedy answer. Does your Reflection have the Lippert power stabilization jacks?? What do you think of them?? Mine are next to useless...a quick phone call to GD tech and the answer was "thats about all you can expect". I had to purchase 4 tall scissor jacks...now its perfect

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct on all counts...

May I ask what the issue is with the power stabilizers?

We have them and love them.

There is bounce which we solved with these:
    Check this out at Amazon.com
    Valterra 020106 RV Stabilizer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UGJPXQ..._LjoPEbPZAFKMN

Let me know your issues, maybe I can help.
    I have the 2020 315rlts.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for your response. I'm glad that you are happy with your system...maybe the 2020 system is better than my 2019.

The main issue with my stabilizers is that they truly don't stabilize...not even close. If I'm having a cup of early AM coffee in the sitting area, and my sleeping wife turns over in bed, it may spill the coffee!! I would not call this a "bounce"!! I called GD and spoke with a tech guy (Randy I think) discribed the whole thing. His response was that they were never designed for THAT level of stablization. An answer that I found very discouraging. Just looking at the device with the legs down, you could see a definite fault in the original engineering. The two pivot points are too close to the center of the coach...if the legs were able to swing into a truly vertical position, they would be much more effective....but how often would that happen. So, a bit over $100.00 in careful Amazon shopping found 4 long reach scissor jacks and the problem is completely solved. My electric screw driver runs these jacks up in seconds. Unless the factory comes up with a better system, I think I may just remove them as they truly just dead weight to me.

If you have the Furrion aM/FM set in your coach, are you aware that the company has NO repair ability, and they were not able to refer me to any local repairmen?. You have one year from time of purchase...then you are on your own. My CD/DVD player didn't work. The only local guy I spoke with could not get parts from Furrion. A complete new set was the only answer. That runs $99.00 thru eTrailer. It went in very easy and now we can watch a movie again.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, the Furion is crap. As far as the jacks, I agree they are certainly further inboard than a scissor jack would be, but I think this is just a really long trailer. The movement i have noticed is in the middle.

I also think people tend to put too much pressure on the Jack's and actually create a bow in the middle that may accentuate the bounce. We have zero side to side movement, it is all in the middle. The Valtera stabilizers don't eliminate it all, but it is reasonable.

I hope that helps.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't get a lot of movement in the trailer. On our last trailer we had a set of center jacks, and that made a big difference. Have you tried the x-chocks between the tires? Also, I use a 6x6 block under each jack.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    We don't get a lot of movement in the trailer. On our last trailer we had a set of center jacks, and that made a big difference. Have you tried the x-chocks between the tires? Also, I use a 6x6 block under each jack.
    Center jacks would certainly solve the problem.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Chuck KJ6DO I second the suggestion by @315RLTSinPA. Try getting a set of BAL X Chocks. They lock in between the wheels. They will help stiffen up the trailer a bit in my experience. The electric stabilizers on my 285BHS does a pretty good job for the most part. My wife and I actually felt the new trailer is head and shoulders above our previous trailer which needed to have a set of jack stands once the stabilizers were down to make the trailer no rock as much.

Also I noticed on my trailer it was 285 inches from the ball to I think the center of the rear axle but I could be swapping it in my head. However with the XXX after the number it tends to follow other trailers in what that model is.

BH- bunkhouse
    RK- Rear Kitchen
    FK- Front Kitchen
    RL- Rear Living
    FL- Front Living
    RB- Rear Bath
    S- Slide
    DS-Double slide
    TS-Triple Slide
    MB-Mid Bunk

I have seen Q used in Quad Bunks in a Bunk house setting.

IIRC, my old trailer was a Kodiak 30BHLS. it was 30 feet long from bumper to hitch. It was considered a bunk house since it had a top and lower bunk. S for Slide and also noticed the manufacturer has short slide and a long slide. Our trailer had a long slide. So L was for Long. BH Bunkhouse LS long slide. A friend of mine bought a Kodiak of the same vintage for camping and outdoor recreating. I think his model was 23RBSS. Sure enough it was about 24 feet long. Had a Rear bath and a short slideout on the drivers side for the dinette.

So this is not the gospel but it will work in a pinch knowing what you are looking at.
    Last edited by FordmanNJ; 04-27-2020 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Wrong person :)
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all

Thank all of you fellow GD owners. As this is my first GD trailer...it is a real pleasure to have such a wealth of experienced folks to rely on for problems. I truly do love this model..but it is pretty big. Would be almost impossible to get into many National Parks. My wife just loves the home-like atmosphere in the living room. Much much different from our old 28 Ft Wilderness!!

In the following days I plan on sharing what I did to our 3500 (1 ton) crew cab Chev that makes it ride at least as good as a half ton...maybe even better. All for about $500.00 and a weekend of part time labor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast