User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well on the plus side, an F450 is slightly lower than an F350 SRW. My Reflection was noticeably nose high with the F350CCSB 4x4 - I swapped out the 15in wheels for 16in, went with ST235/85R16 tires (largest that would take me to Min clearances), added a MorRyde SRE4000 suspension and Sumosprings on top of the pathetic LCI springs. Those changes got it to where I was just a tad bit nose high on the F350. With the F450, it rides perfectly level and even have a bit more bed rail clearance.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Unfortunately, there are no blocks that can be removed on mine unfortunately. I was hoping there was room to lift the springs up a bit (attach them higher on the frame), but, alas, there isn't. It just doesn't look doable without different springs, and I'm really not sure I want to do that. My other option it putting something like Correct Track on the RV to get a little height there, that would get me a lot closer to level, for sure. Unfortunately, that'll also take me over 13'6". And my gooseneck dump trailer has the same problem, it's not level either because I can't get it level and get enough clearance on the tailgate. The right way to do it is bring the truck down ~2". Sadly, I'm not sure there's a way to do that, so... Gonna have to keep looking; or maybe just say "hope for the best" and bring the trailer up a bit (which will push me into "overheight").

Really annoying. Oh, and also, Ford.. You know that cute little lip that's on the tailgate? Well, that lip removes about 1" of clearance in the place you MOST need it, right at the very further back section of the tailgate. I know it's there for aerodynamics, but.. Ugh, have you see a 450 before? It's about as aerodynamic as a brick. That little bump is the primary problem for me, without it there, I probably wouldn't have any clearance issues.

Let's build a truck that can tow a 35K trailer but then make it so high that you can't hook up any trailer that can actually haul that much weight. Why? Cause it'll "look cool". Brilliant.
    If it is just the lip, replace the tailgate. I believe earlier versions without the lip will fit. - unless you have the tailgate step you need. There are also louvered 5th wheel tailgates with the V notch in them. Just a thought.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Well on the plus side, an F450 is slightly lower than an F350 SRW. My Reflection was noticeably nose high with the F350CCSB 4x4 - I swapped out the 15in wheels for 16in, went with ST235/85R16 tires (largest that would take me to Min clearances), added a MorRyde SRE4000 suspension and Sumosprings on top of the pathetic LCI springs. Those changes got it to where I was just a tad bit nose high on the F350. With the F450, it rides perfectly level and even have a bit more bed rail clearance.
    I continue to think about working on the trailer, raising it seems pretty easy, a CorrectTrack system would give me an 1" or so, which, honestly, would probably "do it". I'm just worried about going over 13'6", the 351M is listed at 13'5", so adding any height would take me over the limit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200704_123309.jpg  

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a kit to do exactly what you need Overtaxed, might even do it to mine. It's pricey though! Lol Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LOWERED F450 (2).jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	28887
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Overtaxed I would skip the LCI correct track system. It essentially makes the spring hanger longer with the eye of the leaf spring at the bottom. Turning these trailers puts extra stress on the hanger and it could lead to a weld failure on the hanger.

About a year or two ago there was a lot of discussions about people with broken spring hangers and the common thing among the broken ones was they had the correct track system. They were all factory installed, not add-on though. Just search for broken spring hanger or something similar and you can find some of those discussions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I continue to think about working on the trailer, raising it seems pretty easy, a CorrectTrack system would give me an 1" or so, which, honestly, would probably "do it". I'm just worried about going over 13'6", the 351M is listed at 13'5", so adding any height would take me over the limit.
    I would never trust what is listed for height. Each unit can and will be different depending on tow vehicle and other factors. I'd grab a 2x4, level, tape measure and a ladder and figure out for sure from your highest point when hitched up on level ground. Best to know exactly your height. BTW - never heard too much positive about the CorrectTrack.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12