User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @John303
    Here's a Ram video on YouTube the guy does quite a few and is pretty good. The front cap on his trailer is similar to a 303. Pay attention watching videos and reading reviews many post are with the B&W hitch and B&W 4" offset ball.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF90t1PU-K8&t=275s
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is our Ram 3500 Megacab with our 31MB with the B&W 4” offset ball. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3AAE1449-0FE7-4020-BAE0-ADF1ABEFA450.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	29977

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As has been mentioned, the discussion about the Reese goose box in short bed trucks is critically dependent on whether one use an offset ball or not. If I could use the offset ball, I would not hesitate because it would closely mimic the Andersen; I cannot because I have the factory puck system which has a round hole and no known way to use a square shank or keyed ball. Ideally someone with a Ram shorted (6'4") and a 303RLS could chime in here. The further we depart from that example I get less sure. Perhaps all Reflections of the last few years have the same radius cap, but do they differ in other ways such as the cap overhang measurement?

I will continue to monitor in case someone decides to experiment and share. If it was not so expensive to try different pin boxes...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand where you are coming from and was in the same position. I have the factory prep 5th wheel package in my Ram. I purchased the B&W Turnover hitch and replaced the OEM hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rymorg View Post
    I understand where you are coming from and was in the same position. I have the factory prep 5th wheel package in my Ram. I purchased the B&W Turnover hitch and replaced the OEM hitch.
    Ah! I wondered about something like that, but did not know how feasible it was. I have the factory air system too. How involved was it to put in the Turnover hitch, and cost if I might ask?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300D8C6C-C3D1-48E5-AA25-6074447AD7CA.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	29985
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    Ah! I wondered about something like that, but did not know how feasible it was. I have the factory air system too. How involved was it to put in the Turnover hitch, and cost if I might ask?
    I don’ t have the factory air system, so can’t comment on if that will be an issue. I think I paid ~$700 for the hitch + install and they said it was pretty easy. Everything lines up with the factory system so it looks stock and I preserved the puck system if I every decide to use it. Attached pic is right after install with the included square shank ball. I purchased the offset ball and have solely used that so far for pulling the 5er.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345