User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Does that mean my Momentum wasnt built to RVIA standards? It was a 2017, and came from the factory with a Max Air fan in the main bathroom. We factory ordered the trailer, so I know the dealer didnt put it on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I learned from our dealer that there are some trailers that have a significant gap on the top and bottom of the bathroom door - and the reason is the gaps enable enough airflow to prevent a vacuum sufficient enough to pull fumes from the black tank when the toilet valve is open. Those trailers can have a MaxxAir fan or similar without introducing odors into the bathroom and trailer.

On our Imagine 2400 there is only the normal 1 inch or so gap on the bottom of the door and of course the tiny fan in the ceiling vent. For our needs the small fan works well enough - and we prefer the no-gap door for privacy sake. Helps muffle the 'noises' that sometimes come from the bathroom after our "chili nights..."

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    So, to totally conform to RVIA standards, "Maxx" type fans are not permitted in the bathrooms .

If the fan is running and you flush the toilet, it will pull the fumes out of the black tank.

Aftermarket, it is what it is.

I’ve seen what rvia standards get us...not impressed. But I do agree odors can be sucked in. We keep ours set on 20-30% or open the vent in the living room for fresh air inflow.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    Have you done this replacement of the Hengs Industiries - 90046-CR Vortex II Replacement Fan Kit?

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Have you done this replacement of the Hengs Industiries - 90046-CR Vortex II Replacement Fan Kit?

KEN
    I have replaced the little white POS corner vent fan in my Reflection 28bh bathroom with one of these hengs fans. It was pretty easy to do doesnt look all that bad moves enough "air" to get the job done and makes no more noise than a max air or fantastic fan makes. It easily takes care of the shower condensation on chilly days.

All in all I thought it was a very good buy for a do it your self without messing around with the roof seal. It came with instructions and everything fit perfectly.

My only complaint was that the sheet metal parts in the stock fan were quite sharp in places which caused me to cut myself. Wear gloves is the easy answer.

Mike

P.S. I put it in right after purchase 3 yrs ago and its still going strong.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post

KEN
    I put that exact one in our 310 Reflection.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided against the Heng Vortex II after reading Amazon's reviews. Virtually every time I try to take a short cut, it fails, which in the end is more expensive. I didn't get the rain sensor or thermostat controlled models, as I prefer a fixed cover overhead so I can open the vent no matter what the weather.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link does not work.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had a max air fan installed in the bathroom never had any odor problems and it sure takes the moisture out while showering and also helps keep the area cool when you dont want use the air.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hengs Industiries - 90046-CR Vortex II Replacement Fan Kit
    I like it, I'll have to add that to the mod list...getting to be a long list.....And we haven't yet been able to go camping with our new trailer yet.
    @mbergthold
    Is there a story behind that avatar pic of yours?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 2018 Montana that had Maxx fan in bathroom. So you are saying it was not manufactured by RVIA standards. Please post the page and paragraph where this information is located. I might have a good law suit?????
    Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R 2020(Gypsy), towing with 2017 Ram diesel DRW automatic transmission (Big Red)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast