Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New set up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0CAEAC24-407E-4C20-ACEC-FEC8AF3D81E0.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	764.2 KB 
ID:	34372
    How does this set up look. WDH installed by dealer. There is about a half tank of freshwater
    Onboard. Thanks
    2021 Imagine xls 22rbe
    2018 Silverado 5.3, auto crew cab

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @jjradtech

You’re doing the right thing by getting feedback on your set up especially if this is your first trailer.

Pictures can be difficult to evaluate. The best suggestion I can offer is to take your truck and trailer to a CAT scale loaded for camping. Then there will not be any guess work. Here are a few suggestions:

CAT scale locator by zip code:
    https://catscale.com/cat-scale-locator/

Download WeighMyTruck app by CAT. You set up an account, give info and credit card. When you go to weigh fill your truck full with gas, then open the app. It will recognize your location and once you weigh it will email the weight ticket, no need to go inside building.

This is a nice calculator that requires three weighs to get a full picture of tongue weight, trailer weight, GCVW, etc. Enter the weights from your three weighs into the calculator and the results will be at the bottom. The weigh tickets will also show you how much weight your WDH is transferring to your truck’s steer axle and to the trailer axles.
    http://www.towingplanner.com/ActualW...ailerCatScales

PS - the cost of the 1st weigh is ~$12-$14, subsequent weighs ~$2-$4 each.
    Last edited by Tigger1; 05-25-2021 at 05:05 PM.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Hi @jjradtech

You’re doing the right thing by getting feedback on your set up especially if this is your first trailer.

Pictures can be difficult to evaluate. The best suggestion I can offer is to take your truck and trailer to a CAT scale loaded for camping. Then there will not be any guess work. Here are a few suggestions:

CAT scale locator by zip code:
    https://catscale.com/cat-scale-locator/

Download WeighMyTruck app by CAT. You set up an account, give info and credit card. When you go to weigh fill your truck full with gas, then open the app. It will recognize your location and once you weigh it will email the weight ticket, no need to go inside building.

This is a nice calculator that requires three weighs to get a full picture of tongue weight, trailer weight, GCVW, etc. Enter the weights from your three weighs into the calculator and the results will be at the bottom. The weigh tickets will also show you how much weight your WDH is transferring to your truck’s steer axle and to the trailer axles.
    http://www.towingplanner.com/ActualW...ailerCatScales

PS - the cost of the 1st weigh is ~$12-$14, subsequent weighs ~$2-$4 each.
    X2 to what Tigger1 said. We love ours, Happy Trails!
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't trust a dealer to correctly set up a hitch. Most think if the truck and trailer are level, it's set up correctly. That is far from the truth. The purpose of the WD hitch is to return weight to the front end when hitched. You can determine if it's correct by going to a cat scale, but the truck manuals specifiy a fender measurement that will get you there.Look for a hitched vs unhitched fender heignt in the towing section.Don't worry about rear end squat. Get the WD right and let the rear take care of itself. If the squat is too much, which it probably won't be, you can always bag it. Keep in mind that raising the truck rear will affect WD and it will have to be readjusted. It will also not increase the payload of the truck.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with BobLandry and other posts above. I have adjusted a few TT's and am picking up a new one this Friday from the dealer. He will be installing and adjusting an equalizer. Thing is, he is doing this with the truck and TT not set-up for travel (with cargo). One thing won't change and that is the coupler height on the level trailer, everything else is likely too.

I took your picture and brought it into Photoshop. I straightened the pic and then measured linear lines. Your truck is stock like mine and has a forward lean to it. However.....and this is a big however, it appears that your TT is leaning back a bit from the roof line to the road.

Check height of frame forward and aft to confirm. Also.....like it has been mentioned, re-check install and bring it to cat scale.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0CAEAC24-407E-4C20-ACEC-FEC8AF3D81E0.JPEG42.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	34373
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also agree with everyone, load her up for camping and hit the scale for those 3 readings. TV and tt with wdh engaged, then TV and tt but with wdh disengaged and TV alone. These 3 readings will provide the numbers you need. You'll also need a measuring tape. By the looks of it, it seems that the tt is nose high. But that could also be a picture affect.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE