User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingRangeChamp View Post
    As someone who has been looking, I can confirm that there are almost no units available. At the lot I ultimately purchased from, they had tons of units on the lot, but they were almost all spoken for and awaiting delivery. In one week, we had four units bought out from under us.

I expanded my search to the entire southeast and found this to be the case regardless of how far I was willing to drive. I mentioned that I had four brands that I was interested in, and I found some of them, like Open Range, to be virtually nonexistent. Once I decided on a Reflection 31MB, I wanted to compare prices. The only other unit I found within 200 miles was in Atlanta and cost more.

The only reason I was fortunate enough to get the one I did was that it was on order, and they were willing to rush delivery. I was on the lot when it arrived from the factory, and they said most of their units are sold before they arrive on the lot. It’s crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some of the bigger chains did have more inventory, but usually their inventory consisted of oddball floorpans or overpriced units at MSRP or higher.

We got crazy lucky with ours, couldn't find one local and the local dealer was going to be significantly raising prices for 2022, around $4k more for the 12MKE we wanted. Contacted a dealer about 3 hours away and placed a deposit on one that had been ordered and was expected late July. An hour later he called back and said they got one the day before and the people's financing fell through, it was ours if we wanted it and of course I said yes!

I live near a kale and the boat dealers almost look like they are out of business. They aren't, they are doing fine, just can't get or keep inventory right now. Local RV lots look the same, just bare and everything on order is already sold too so it's there for a week or so before pickup but not available.
    2020 F150 3.5 Super Crew 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the increase in complaints by unhappy owners is also due to the increase in units sold. In the short life of GD sales have blown out of the water. When we got ours in early 2015 there were very few GDs out there and we would get excited when we saw them. Now while on the rod close to half of what we see is a GD product.. with that increase there will also be an increase in complaints.
    Their onsite PDIs has never entirely lived up to the total hype but it does cut down on some issues b4 the sale.

The quality appears the same as it was, would I be worried about getting a troubled unit..maybe a little bit . The one thing that has not changed is the service after the sale and that is what would get us back into another GD. But the unit we have has really served us well and it is hard to walk away from that. We have given it some hard thought.

Yes the CS office is harder to get a hold of, they need to increase CS employees but then every business has an employee shortage right now so we all have to learn a new level of patience in every day life, other services and with GDs growing pains.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now it's Moderator Marcy typing .. please don't derail the thread with availability issues that is not what this is about.
    Feel free to start another thread on availabily problems.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say that the quality of our 2020 337RLS is above others that we looked at. As someone else mentioned a few messages back, we had a different mfg. unit, a Catalina 253RKS that had zero issues for the 4+ years we had it. We picked up our 2020 in Aug. of '19 and the only issue we had was the rear fridge cooling fans. We were on a trip when this happened. Support helped troubleshoot and once it was figured out it was one of the fans, we were able to comfortably finish our trip. I replaced both fans myself and GD stepped up and reimbursed me for both fans. We are more than pleased with our unit!!
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to keep in mind when reading forums (this one is no different) is you will mostly see post from people with issues. They might only represent a fraction of owners, new or old.
    People that do not have issues or questions will not post "Hey mine is 100%". Actually, if you look at the welcome page, you'll a lot of "I love it".
    Just something to keep in mind.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind when reading forums (this one is no different) is you will mostly see post from people with issues. They might only represent a fraction of owners, new or old.
    People that do not have issues or questions will not post "Hey mine is 100%". Actually, if you look at the welcome page, you'll a lot of "I love it".
    Just something to keep in mind.
    I hope I’ve not given the impression that I’m unhappy, I’m happy as could be. I’m just one of those details people and that’s my problem to deal with

I’d buy Grand Design again in a heartbeat. We plan to go full time in 10 years or so and we wouldn’t dream of going away from Grand Design when we go 5th wheel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always wondered why people compare build quality of rv's to cars. They are completely different. Ever see a car with slides, stoves and a lot of other items. Cars probably have as many problems as rv's percentage wise. Think they have no problems read some of their forums. There is a reason that states have lemon laws. No industry no matter what it is produces does not have problems that draw a lot of criticism.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started to go through the whole litany and compare to other camper / trailers I have had but I'm not going to waste the time. My 260RD was built like a piece of crap! and it was built long before the mad rush of Covid. The dealer support / network sucks to boot with total disregard for customer service or warranty repairs. You better be very careful if you plan on buying on cost as many dealers won't even speak to you about warranty work if you didn't buy from them.
    Gerry Weaver the first customer service supervisor that was handling my case/s soon moonwalked when I needed him or customer service to step in to support me. I was persistent and fortunate enough to be picked up by CS rep Chris Holland when I pretty much made myself her ward. She has backed me and helped get things done even when / after I got shuffled off to third party vendors. The whole list of build issues, lack of of worker training, lack of worker interest, lack of QC and cheap azz parts is a continual drain.
    Would I want to go through all this again? HECK NO
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot has to do with what you perceive as a big problem or not. Our 2017 Momentum wasnt perfect, but the biggest issue was the greased brakes which wasnt a GD issue. LCI took care of that problem. Now the rats nest of wiring was GDs fault, and I redid a bunch of it myself. When I had warranty claims, GD customer service was excellent to work with and was the main reason we went with GD after we sold the Momentum. Our 2021 Reflection has been good overall. My wife took it on a 30 day shake down trip and the only issues are what I consider minor. Leaking water heater drain plug, fixed by me, outdoor fridge hasn't worked since day 1- i suspect a screw was put into the cooling line, and one of our fridge cooling fans died. Our 311 is currently at the dealer for warranty diagnosis on the fridges. We will pick it up after and make an appointment when they have parts on hand. This dealer wont even let a camper sit there more than 10 days if they dont have parts, no letting a camper sit there for months on end. Overall, we are happy with GD and dont regret purchasing two units from them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts/opinions/experience:

Thanks to COVID, there's a LOT of first time owners out there. People are always going to find something to complain about, especially when they don't know what they don't know.

The majority of all travel trailer and fifth wheel manufacturers use the same components, manufactured by outside companies/suppliers (frames, axles, baggage doors, windows, slide systems, appliances, furniture, sinks, toilets, shower assemblies, etc.).

Look at it like this; if you remodel a bathroom in your house, you didn't 'make' it. You bought all the manufactured material from somewhere else, and just put it together.

How the trailers are assembled/built, and customer service/warranty, is what separates them.

Things are going to break & fall apart. It's part of RV ownership. I've owned three different trailers in the span of 20 years. All three trailers have had trim pieces fall off, hinges/latches loosen, occasional water leaks, at one point or another. This is to be expected from something with weight limitations, that's being towed down freeways/dirt roads.

I chose Grand Design for my current trailer, after researching and reading on forums for close to a year prior to purchase. For ME, Grand Design was the best choice for the money I was spending.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast