User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    push a button on the leveling system? Just kidding

When I had bumper pull trailers I always had the issue of how high the jack in front would go. I finnaly made a 1 foot high foot for the jack that I put under it before unhitching. Remember when you make that foot it has to be stable, like having a wide base.
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeDoCruising View Post
    What's the best method to get a trailer up higher on the tongue jack than it goes? Second Jack? Jack stands? blocks?
    We have a chance to moochdock again at our friends house. We did it once before but the jack is too short to level the trailer on their driveway due to the slant. I was able that time to use a bottle jack to hold up the trailer while I put more blocks under the tongue jack then raise it up to level. I tried that at another campground and had it slip off the temporary jack, very scary.
    Adjustable foot...most RV stores sell them.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Wood blocks are the best, make your own . Keep in mids cinder blocks can crack or crumble.
    I second this advice. I had a cinder block give way while unhitching my previous travel trailer. Thankfully, the hitch was still over the ball and no damage done. Wood blocks are definitely the way to go.
    Steve Comeau
    2017 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Ford F150, Supercrew, 3.5L ecoboost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123