Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kichen grey water leak

the the kitchen gray water tank on my solitude 379fl appears to have a leak somewhere on the top probably at the junction of the sink drain and the tank. Has anyone tried to access this connection point and if so did you do it without dropping the tank.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would start under the sink to make sure all connections are tight. Not to be smart but is the tank full?

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only leaks when full.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by densharo View Post
    Only leaks when full.
    densharo - Both the drain pipe and the vent pipe are inserted into rubber grommets fitted into holes cut with hole saw at assembly. It is quite possible that the grommet is not properly fitted to the tank or the pipe. If you can access where these pipes go through the floor and into the tank, it will be a lot easier to solve than dropping the tank and then raising it back into place and engaging both the fill and the vent pipes.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1923.jpg   IMG_1918.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, thank you for the explanation and the photos. I think I had the same issue with my bathroom grey tank this week.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gray Tank Leak into Underbelly

Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    densharo - Both the drain pipe and the vent pipe are inserted into rubber grommets fitted into holes cut with hole saw at assembly. It is quite possible that the grommet is not properly fitted to the tank or the pipe. If you can access where these pipes go through the floor and into the tank, it will be a lot easier to solve than dropping the tank and then raising it back into place and engaging both the fill and the vent pipes.

Rob
    We had a leak into our underbelly some time ago, tested all three tanks and found out it came from the kitchen gray tank. Since then we kept the valve from the Nautilus open to the sewer and no issues. Accidently closed it and it spilled over into the underbelly. Drained the underbelly, opened Nautilus valve to sewer, but now some water is still going into the underbelly whenever I use the sink. Every morning or every other day I go under and drain about a cup of water! There is still water going out the sewer line also. I am assuming the pipe or a gasket is off, close to where the sink lines go into the tank? Are you saying I should go under the kitchen sink and try to access where it attaches to the tank? Sounds complicated! I wiggle the pipe under the sink and feels right on. Has anyone tried to fix this themselves?
    Last edited by terryannbautz; 08-19-2021 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added information
    Terry Ann & Dave
    2016 Reflections 337 RLS
    Full Timers Since June, 2018

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a leak into our underbelly some time ago, tested all three tanks and found out it came from the kitchen gray tank. Since then we kept the kitchen valve from the Nautilus open to the sewer and no issues. Accidently closed it recently and it spilled over into the underbelly again. Drained the underbelly, opened Nautilus valve to sewer, but now some water is still going into the underbelly whenever I use the kitchen sink. Every morning or every other day I go under and push on the underbelly and it drains from flaps cut out of the underbelly from the first time. Its about 1/4 cup a day. There is still kitchen water going out the sewer line also. I am assuming the pipe or a gasket is off, close to where the sink lines go into the tank, along with the original leak? I looked at the piping under the sink and don't see an easy way to get to that section. Sounds complicated! I wiggle the pipe under the sink and feels right on. Has anyone tried to fix this themselves? Thinking this is a job for the pros since there are two separate leaking spots. Frustrated.
    Terry Ann & Dave
    2016 Reflections 337 RLS
    Full Timers Since June, 2018