User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pace Edwards JackRabbit cover...... been running one on my F150 short beds for 15+ years. They roll back into a small box, are low profile, include drains for the box thru the rubber inserts on my F150 cab side bed, have a bed light option, a lock, and I can still fit my Reese 16k fifth wheel hitch behind/under it when pulled forward to the tailgate. Easy to install, and, company is very good about working with you after warranty expires.

https://www.pace-edwards.com/?gclid=...hoCpgMQAvD_BwE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the composite Retrax on our 5'7" bed, Ram 1500 ED. It works great with the 5th wheel. However in a hard rain we do get a small amount of water in the front of the truck bed. We have a new truck on order and once received we will be putting on the aluminum Retrax Pro.
    2021 GD 150 Series Reflection 260RD, Lifted 3" with solar. Lippert Turning Point Pin Box. 300watt Inverter. TV = 2021 4wd Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab I6 Cummins Diesel, 6'4" bed, Curt A16 puck system, Custom Bed Tank.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Ram Short bed truck and pulled a 32 foot 5th wheel , I bought a Xiang hard cover 3 section worked great when pulling with cover left on

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    What would be a good bed cover for a short bed to use with a fifth hitch. 2022 F-350.
    I have a F-350 and found this cover to be awesome. The cover can be removed all together or collapsed while towing the 5th Wheel.
    I leave my 5th wheel on year round so it also protects the hitch from rusting out.

https://www.peragon.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a GatorTrax on my ‘17 Ram 2500 short bed. After installing, and using, a retractable cover, I’ll never use another kind. The GatorTrax has a locking mechanism I really like, and it’s easy to use. Two others have ordered the same unit after seeing mine in use.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I have a F250 with the short bed and a Retrax cover. With the cover completely rolled in, I can see look over my shoulder and see the hitch to connect. There is no interference between anything.
    We also have an aluminum retractable cover on our 2006 F250 long bed. It is great to use the rear view mirror to line up the pin. Even better is that I can latch our cover on the second notch which puts it inches in front of the pin box. Everything in front of the hitch stays mostly dry!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BAKFlip MX4 on my Ram, very good cover that locks with a lockable tailgate

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought the BakFlip. Love it!! I have a Ram 2500 short bed and I have had no problems with the cover. I can fold it to the last set of panels and lock it into place, while towing my 5th wheel. I also have room to store my tubs of gear under the cover while towing and don't have to worry about them flying out. I can't say enough about this cover. I have tried multiple covers (canvas roll up, folding)...this is by far the best. A little pricey but worth it.
    HappyKayaker
    2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4X4
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    What would be a good bed cover for a short bed to use with a fifth hitch. 2022 F-350.
    I have the Retrax installed on mine. It closes and locks when not pulling the trailer and when pulling the 5th wheel, I lock it in a position that clears the actuation of the hitch. This provides a little more covered area in the bed.
    Etrailer had the best price when I purchased mine (July 2019). Super simple to install. You just need a helper to lift it up into the bed during installation...unless you are built like Dewayne Johnson! Happy Camping!
    2019 303 RLS Reflection 5er (nickname - Coyote)
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider
    Dennis, Judy, and Shelby (Lab-Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Pace Edwards JackRabbit cover...... been running one on my F150 short beds for 15+ years. They roll back into a small box, are low profile, include drains for the box thru the rubber inserts on my F150 cab side bed, have a bed light option, a lock, and I can still fit my Reese 16k fifth wheel hitch behind/under it when pulled forward to the tailgate. Easy to install, and, company is very good about working with you after warranty expires.

https://www.pace-edwards.com/?gclid=...hoCpgMQAvD_BwE
    Glad to hear positives the Pace Edwards JackRabbit. I have the Ultragroove with the bike rack setup for four years and have issues with fitment in my 2017 F350 SB. The concept is great however cannot recommend the Ultragroove model. On my second set of mounts. Perhaps the combination of the stress from racks coupled with they didn't account for the lack of flat surfaces in the bed wall staggered along the length in the F250/F350. Mine tends to bind and the entire system tends to shift over time. Yes, customer service was responsive while in warranty, however couldn't fix the issue, plus this system is hit or miss staying dry. I welcome any others opinions with same setup.

I do give thumbs up to rolling tonneau for fifth wheel setup. And yes, there is obviously reduced clearance on the bedrails with bike racks one needs to account for.
    Last edited by MooManChu; 09-23-2021 at 09:42 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast