User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controlling shower hot water

Hi, we have a 2021 Imagine 2610ML. When using the shower, I regulate the water heat to where it’s comfortable, I then stop the flow particularly if not hooked up to site water. When I turn the flow back on by the button on the spray head, I have to be very careful not to be in the direction of flow or I could really burn myself. It takes a few moments of flow to get back to the comfortable water temperature. Any thoughts on how to avoid this? Thanks. Don

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldJP View Post
    Hi, we have a 2021 Imagine 2610ML. When using the shower, I regulate the water heat to where it’s comfortable, I then stop the flow particularly if not hooked up to site water. When I turn the flow back on by the button on the spray head, I have to be very careful not to be in the direction of flow or I could really burn myself. It takes a few moments of flow to get back to the comfortable water temperature. Any thoughts on how to avoid this? Thanks. Don
    There are two ways, 1)install a backflow preventer to keep the hot water from going into the cold water side, or 2) the easier way is to get a shower head that isn't all or nothing. My OEM shower head is rotated to stop water flow. When I rotate it I leave a trickle still flowing. I'd you get a nicer shower head like an Oxygenics they are designed to have a trickle when water flow is turned off at the shower head.

The hot water blast occurs because when you turn off the flow at the shower head the hot water is migrating into the cold water side. When you restore water flow it is all hot water.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with @OurNewEra. A trickle shower head is best. You can always feel the temp of the water before opening the valve if you second guess the water temp.
    Oxygenics make very nice shower heads and they do save on water usuage.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help 👍 I tried it this morning, leaving a trickle, and that did it. I’ll order an Oxygenics head. This is our last trip for the season so I’ll have it in place for next year. Where we’re camping, the snow level is creeping down the mountains around us. We leave for home tomorrow and I hope the snow stays on the mountains and not the road.