Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Models

Grand Design shows several new models on their web site.

I wonder how long it will take them to create them with all the shortages in items to build them.

Did anybody go to the Hershey RV show and see any new models?
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, saw all of them.

None are in full production, and in talking with the GD guys, they are still working on changes and final approvals.

They popped a couple out to get to the Show.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't count on them till mid-year model charges for 2022 IMO. I did not speak with the Rep, but I have other connections in GD and industry as a whole and it's abysmal with sourcing.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yep, saw all of them.

None are in full production, and in talking with the GD guys, they are still working on changes and final approvals.

They popped a couple out to get to the Show.....
    Question: I know larger 5th wheels are what the buying customer is looking for today. But, in smaller units like the 150 series 226 and 260, can't GD design a floor plan so that the slide when closed does not obstruct entry to the bedroom and bathroom? Is this even a concern with your customers looking for smaller 5th wheels? Just curious.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Question: I know larger 5th wheels are what the buying customer is looking for today. But, in smaller units like the 150 series 226 and 260, can't GD design a floor plan so that the slide when closed does not obstruct entry to the bedroom and bathroom? Is this even a concern with your customers looking for smaller 5th wheels? Just curious.
    The demand for access to the bathroom and refers has dwindled in the last couple of years.

Personally, we have become accustomed to bathroom breaks at fuel stops, and even sandwiches, drinks, etc in the truck with us.

There is a new Solitude coming out (280RK) that is 32 ft long with access to bathroom, and it appears 1 side of the refer.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The demand for access to the bathroom and refers has dwindled in the last couple of years.
    I can understand that, particularly with folks that primarily camp close to home. Fewer stops. And again, I know the larger trailers are also now more in demand.

The reason I ask is that one significant downside for anyone with this type floorplan is slide failure. I have one slide in the living area that fortunately when in, blocks nothing. On a recent one month trip I had issues with the Schwintek slide, and had to complete the last 10 days of the trip without extending the slide. With the smaller GD 5th wheels I would have had to cancel the remainder of the trip.

However, that's why they make different floorplans for different needs.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I can understand that, particularly with folks that primarily camp close to home. Fewer stops. And again, I know the larger trailers are also now more in demand.

The reason I ask is that one significant downside for anyone with this type floorplan is slide failure. I have one slide in the living area that fortunately when in, blocks nothing. On a recent one month trip I had issues with the Schwintek slide, and had to complete the last 10 days of the trip without extending the slide. With the smaller GD 5th wheels I would have had to cancel the remainder of the trip.

However, that's why they make different floorplans for different needs.
    I drive up to Long Island often and it is about 700 miles from where I live in NC. I usually make 2 stops on the way. One usually at a campground and one at a rest stop. I would never buy an RV that I couldn't get to the bedroom and bathroom with the slides closed. Like dryfly said one bad slide and your trip is over.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Models

There is a new Solitude coming out (280RK) that is 32 ft long with access to bathroom, and it appears 1 side of the refer.
    That’s how my Reflection 315 is.

All slides in I can totally get to bedroom and sleep, use the bathroom and open one fridge door and both freezer doors.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, we have become accustomed to bathroom breaks at fuel stops, and even sandwiches, drinks, etc in the truck with us.

I guess it will be awhile until you get a 280RK on your lot. I'm interested in looking at it when you do.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    I guess it will be awhile until you get a 280RK on your lot. I'm interested in looking at it when you do.
    Yeah, they won't be in full production until December at the earliest.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS